TL-SG116E IPV6 Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG116E IPV6 Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG116E IPV6 Problem
TL-SG116E IPV6 Problem
2023-03-16 01:16:37
Model: TL-SG116E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, Team.

Another question on a new TL-SG116E.

Right after hooking it up, everything seemed to be going well, but then noticed Firefox could not access *most* Internet sites unless I disabled IPV6 within Firefox. Everything seems ok with Edge, but Firefox was working fine with previous old switch being retired.

Why do you suppose I would need to disable IPV6 in Firefox after swapping over to the SG116E?

This is *factory* setup - no VLANs, no flow controls, nothing configured on the switch out of the box.

Weird.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG116E IPV6 Problem
2023-03-16 07:47:27

Hi @Teeple 

What will happen if you connect this test PC to the router directly?(without any switch between them)

In normal case the switch won't influence TCP/IP layer. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:TL-SG116E IPV6 Problem
2023-03-16 12:32:27

@Hank21 Hi again - indeed I thought the same - "Why" would the Switch have anything to do with that?  I will bypass the switch on that machine later today and see what I get, thanks.

-t

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2