CPE210. Can I use a point to point network to connect a house to barn and have dual SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE210. Can I use a point to point network to connect a house to barn and have dual SSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-17 02:06:51 - last edited 2023-03-17 02:08:18
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi friends,

I have an existing home network that is using mesh networking with two SSIDs, lets call them ssid_one and guest.

Question is, is it possible with 2 CPE210s to create a point to point network with another access point on the remote end that is broadcasting the same SSIDs as the home?

To be a little more explicit, I want something like this:

Home mesh network, with 2 SSIDs: ssid_one and guest

CPE210 (in the home) connecting either wirelessly or wired

CPE210 (in the barn) connecting to the CPE210 in the home

Access Point in barn connected to switch, which is then connected (wired) to CPE210 in the barn

The Access Point in the barn would have the same two SSIDs (ssid_one and guest) as the home mesh network.

Is this possible? If so , I would really appreciate some advice on how to set this up?

I have got currently got CPE210 in the home connected wirelessly as an AP, and CPE210 in the barn as a client, and this works for the primary SSID, but what I would really like is to effectively replicate the 2 home SSIDs in the barn.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 125

Replies: 0

Related Articles