TL-SG1016DE Dropping DHCP for Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-27 13:31:32
Model: TL-SG1016DE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20210512 Rel.40727

Hi,

I have 2 TL-SG1016DE switches and both of them are dropping DHCP for Clients.

The switches are hardware version 4.2 and the latest firmware, I noticed another post but that didn't mention the hardware version I'm on.

Is there a beta firmware that fixes the issue or do I need to purchase 2 new switches.

Tom.

Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016DE Dropping DHCP for Clients
2023-03-28 08:32:04

@Greymist 

Hello, do you have any VLAN settings on the switch? Did it work fine before?

What is your DHCP server? Have you changed different cables to test?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-03-28 09:00:55

@Virgo No VLAN settings.

It worked for a while but when I checked 3 devices couldn't get an IP from DHCP, 2 are Sony TV's and the third is an Apple TV.

They are all turned off when not in use.

I tried different cables and it still didn't work.

I switched the cables plugged into the 2 Apple TV's and the IP allocation followed the cable.

I connected an 8 Port HP switch and all the devices worked straight away.

I'm using Windows Server 2019 Standard for the DHCP scope and it works on my desktops and servers which go through a 48 port Procurve switch.

This issue explains the problems I'm having with the other TL-SG1016DE which is in my Home Theater as I found all the devices no longer on network and just thought there where issues with the setup rather than the switch. 

All the TP-Link switches plug into my 48 port POE procurve switch.

Options
2023-03-29 02:49:33

@Greymist 

Is there an IP conflict in your network? Can these switches obtain valid IP addresses?

You can log in to switch web interface to change their IP address to a static IP as same as the DHCP range but this IP should be out of the range.

Options
2023-03-29 09:22:03

@Virgo No there are no conflicts of IP addresses and each switch is a static ip.

the issue is the port showing as still connected but not allowing any traffic, as mentioned when I replaced the switch with an 8 port HP everything worked straight away and I was able to get an ip for each device.

Options
2023-03-30 01:44:36

@Greymist 

Here is an easy way to test the internal transmission within the switch.

Use two PCs to ping each other: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/738/

If the result Ping failed, the switch may be faulty.

Options
2023-03-30 02:18:03

Hello @Greymist ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230351781, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 6

Related Articles