CPE210 constantly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-17 00:12:58
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2

So ive had 3 CPE210 for a year now and have had them working okay. However, after a windstorm and several power outages at the start of the month, the pole the access point was on folded on itself. 

So I had tried plugging it in on the ground with the Ethernet cord, got no connect or lights on the AP CPE210. Got a new Ethernet cord, lights came on, wireless came on for a second, then the device restarted itself. Tried it with a short Ethernet cable, same effect. Thought maybe it got hit and damaged.

Grabbed the third CPE that I use as a client, turned it into an AP in place of the first one. Worked fine, but lost connection once in a while still. Next day starts to disconnect more often, I thought it was doing it because it kept changing the channel each time. Tried to change the settings to lock it to one channel, kept disconnecting from my laptop. Tried resetting it, still keeps disconnecting so often I can't change anything for it to be saved. Tried changing power packs, same result. Just keeps turning on and off, same as the first one. 

Originally client is still working fine tho, it was up for 15 days since the power outage until I reset it. I can't figure out what is wrong in the setup as I've replaced each piece with parts I know work as a client. Only difference is the location and power. I am open to buying something that could still work with my CPE210s as clients, Im running out of choices for a fix. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:CPE210 constantly rebooting
2023-04-17 01:53:35 - last edited 2023-04-17 01:54:05

@kingofpikachus 

Could that be an issue on the PoE injector? 

I feel it is hardware issue. 

Options
2023-04-17 01:59:37

@Somnus I had read other guys having similar issues with the poe injector similar to mine. But it's weird it was working fine until a year and a half later. Is there an updated injector or replacement that could help with this issue? 

Options
2023-04-17 22:21:50

@kingofpikachus A CPE210 constantly rebooting could be caused by a variety of factors, such as a faulty power supply, a software issue, or even a hardware malfunction. It is important to determine the exact cause of the problem in order to take the appropriate steps to fix in it. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to contact the manufacturer for technical assistance.

Options
2023-04-18 02:35:28

@kingofpikachus 

TL-POE2412G should do the trick

Options
2023-04-18 20:22:42

@Somnus yes I had two more of those on my clients and tried them. Nothing. So I bought one on eBay that does 24V, but at 1a. Waiting for it to come

Options
2023-04-20 20:47:22

@Somnus changing to a 24V 1A poe did not fix my issue. I have swapped out every part of my original setup at this point. It workee fine for over a year and a half.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 6

Related Articles