Configuration web page doesn't load after changing to Static IP after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Configuration web page doesn't load after changing to Static IP after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-20 13:09:41 - last edited 2023-04-23 03:29:25
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-SG108E(UN)_V6.6_1.0.0 Build 20230218

Just got the new switch and during setup I changed from DHCP to static IP. At this point everything was still OK. I accessed the switch by the static IP and continued the configuration.

At that time I noticed there was newer firmware TL-SG108E(UN)_V6.6_1.0.0 Build 20230218 so I installed the new firmware. After installing the new firmware, rebooting, etc., was still able to "see" the switch using the static IP I set, and have access to devices downstream of the switch.

However, after entering my credentials for log in, the configuration web page would not load. Pictures attached of log in screen, and of what comes after putting in credentials.

Finally after several tries thinking must be operator error (and won't totally discount that) I did hard reset of the switch (button on back), backdated the firmware to TL-SG108E(UN)_V6.6_1.0.0 Build 20220930, reset everything the way I did before, and I was able to log in as expected. No problems to reach the configuration web page.

Is this some sort of bug in the TL-SG108E(UN)_V6.6_1.0.0 Build 20230218 firmware, or what can be the fix?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Configuration web page doesn't load after changing to Static IP after firmware update-Solution
2023-04-21 12:54:12 - last edited 2023-04-23 03:29:25

@Virgo 

What I did this morning was to update the firmware to the new version (had backdated it previously due to this concern). Then, I was again unable to access the web configuration page. Same symptom as shown in the previous pictures.

I cleared the browser history and cache. Same result, didn't work.

So far I'd been doing this all on my laptop which is on W11 & Edge browser. We have a small desktop PC in the back room/office so I tried from there. Using the desktop PC the web config page opened without any problems. The PC is also W11 & Edge browser. I checked W11 build and experience numbers and Edge version. They are the same on the PC and the laptop.

Next, since the laptop was on WiFi, I tried a hardwire LAN connection. Still didn't work.

Installed Pale Moon browser on laptop. First try to access the web configuration failed. Gave some sort of connection reset error. So, tried a second time then the web config page opened.

Tried Edge again and web config page again didn't work.

Reset Edge back to standard/default settings (despite I think they have always been default settings), web config page still didn't work.

Out of a bit of frustration I just kept trying several more times with Edge despite getting the same result still as shown in the pictures. Then, low and behold, after how many tries I'm not exactly sure, the web config page opened. And, so far, is still opening as of just a little bit ago.

So, what changed, several things possibly... but why it seems to be working now, I don't know. Will have several opportunities to see it still works or not since I'm trying to set up some VLANs and that's new to me. Guessing I'll have plenty of opportunity to be in the configuration pages. LOL.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Configuration web page doesn't load after changing to Static IP after firmware update
2023-04-20 21:42:28 - last edited 2023-04-20 21:43:29

I'd still like to understand a bit why, and maybe even have a fix for web page configuration access. But, in the interim, I found using the configuration utility/tool gets me into the settings despite not being able to through browser.

Options
Re:Configuration web page doesn't load after changing to Static IP after firmware update
2023-04-21 03:28:41

@Whoaru99 

Hi, your issue is weird, can you reproduce this issue again?

Can you ping through the switch's IP address when you use the V6.6_1.0.0 Build 20230218 firmware?

Have you tried different web browsers and a private window? Clear browser history and cache.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Configuration web page doesn't load after changing to Static IP after firmware update-Solution
2023-04-21 12:54:12 - last edited 2023-04-23 03:29:25

@Virgo 

What I did this morning was to update the firmware to the new version (had backdated it previously due to this concern). Then, I was again unable to access the web configuration page. Same symptom as shown in the previous pictures.

I cleared the browser history and cache. Same result, didn't work.

So far I'd been doing this all on my laptop which is on W11 & Edge browser. We have a small desktop PC in the back room/office so I tried from there. Using the desktop PC the web config page opened without any problems. The PC is also W11 & Edge browser. I checked W11 build and experience numbers and Edge version. They are the same on the PC and the laptop.

Next, since the laptop was on WiFi, I tried a hardwire LAN connection. Still didn't work.

Installed Pale Moon browser on laptop. First try to access the web configuration failed. Gave some sort of connection reset error. So, tried a second time then the web config page opened.

Tried Edge again and web config page again didn't work.

Reset Edge back to standard/default settings (despite I think they have always been default settings), web config page still didn't work.

Out of a bit of frustration I just kept trying several more times with Edge despite getting the same result still as shown in the pictures. Then, low and behold, after how many tries I'm not exactly sure, the web config page opened. And, so far, is still opening as of just a little bit ago.

So, what changed, several things possibly... but why it seems to be working now, I don't know. Will have several opportunities to see it still works or not since I'm trying to set up some VLANs and that's new to me. Guessing I'll have plenty of opportunity to be in the configuration pages. LOL.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 3

Related Articles