CPE Ethernet Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-21 20:24:58

I have 2 CPE 210's up and running. Networks are broadcasting, can be connected to, and have strong throughput via wifi. 
My problem is when I try to connect directly to the Ethernet port on the Client CPE210 I have no connectivity. I've tried laptops, PoE cameras, a switch and still no luck. PoE devices get power but no connectivity. Any ideas?

Setup:

ISP: Starlink connectivity to PoE switch

Switch to CPE210

CPE210 is set to AP and network is being broadcast 

CPE210 is set to Client and network is received and rebroadcast

Options
5 Reply
Re:CPE Ethernet Connectivity
2023-04-23 06:54:43

@rhorton41 

Hi, if you check the Radio Status on the Client CPE210 web interface, is it normal?

PC connects to CPE with the cable, can PC get a IP?

Have you tried a ping test?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-04-24 16:29:28
Radio Status appears to be normal. I'll grab a screenshot next time I'm onsite. I don't believe the PC was assigned an IP but I'll verify that as well. Didn't try a ping test, but I don't believe I have an IP to ping. Just can't understand why the wifi interface works perfectly, but plugging in directly doesn't.
Options
2023-04-26 11:42:32 - last edited 2023-04-26 12:10:56

@rhorton41  "My problem is when I try to connect directly to the Ethernet port on the Client CPE210 I have no connectivity. I've tried laptops, PoE cameras, a switch and still no luck. PoE devices get power but no connectivity."

The above statement is confusing. The fact that you state "PoE devices get power but no connectivity.", makes it sound like you are plugging devices into the POE port on the CPE210 POE adapter. If you could post topology diagram it would really help.

The CPE210 should be plugged into the POE Port of the adapter.  Devices such as a camera, access point, router, etc.. would plug into the LAN port but they would not be powered by that port because it is NOT POE.

Options
2023-04-26 16:34:32

@RickJamesBish - Correct. See the attached diagram where I did my best to show you want I'm talking about.

When I plug anything into the LAN port on the receiving 'Client' CPE210 I do not get connectivity. I do have wifi from the CPE210, and can connect and have no problems. My only issue is on the direct connections. 

I mentioned the PoE issue because I've tried everything I could think of. Connect directly to a device. Connect to a switch and then to a device. When I connected a PoE switch to the LAN port of the CPE, and then connected a PoE camera to the switch it powered up but could not be reached. 
Hopefully that clears it up. 

File:
Ranch Connectivity.pngDownload
Options
2023-04-26 17:14:10 - last edited 2023-04-26 17:32:20

@rhorton41 ok I did not know you had a POE Switch on the LAN port of the CPE. Yes that clears up how you were getting POE to your devices. I am not sure why you do not have internet over ethernet though.

I understand your Wifi is working but in order to eliminate issues more info is needed. Without giving away any sensitive info, can you post IP address / gateway settings for the Starlink and CPEs? Local IP addresses are fine to share.  That is the only other thing I can think of to check but maybe someone else will chime in.

It looks like you know what you are doing so don't take this as an insult to your knowledge. If you don't want to share any addresses, check to see if your configuration is similar.

If your Starlink LAN IP is  192.168.0.1  

CPE210#1

• IP 192.168.0.100
  • Gateway 192.168.0.1
  • Subnet 255.255.255.0

CPE210#2

• IP 192.168.0.101
  • Gateway 192.168.0.1
  • Subnet 255.255.255.0

Options

Information

Helpful: 0