New access point in my boathouse.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-06 07:28:36 - last edited 2023-06-13 01:39:08

My router, supplied by my service provider is feeding a CPE710 on my house which is set on AP mode.  It's bridged with another CPE710 in client mode on a pole, about 500 feet away next to my boathouse. The COE710 client is plugged inside my boathouse.  The outside WiFi signal is excellent and the speed is too.

Unfortunately the WiFi signal will not penetrate the walls of the boathouse.  I therefore want to connect another access point inside my boathouse using the LAN port on my CPE710 Client's power block. Can this be done, and how?

If not, can I use an outdoor wireless range extender to feed off of the CPE710's wireless signal and broadcast through the walls of my boathouse. If yes, what is the best hardware? 

I also have a TP-Link EAP225-OUTDOOR. Can I use this device to create the indoor AP in my boathouse by connecting both the LAN ports of the POE adapters and configuring it as an AP?

The little pictures on the TP-LINK site shows this configuration, but I can't find any instructions on how to do it.  

Help please.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New access point in my boathouse.-Solution
2023-06-07 09:12:05 - last edited 2023-06-13 01:39:08

Hi @SmokehouseBay,

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----EAP225.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building to receive the signal from the 1st CPE. As the 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means to transfer wireless signal to wired signal, so it will not broadcast wireless signal. If you need wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link below:
(Point to Point)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:New access point in my boathouse.-Solution
2023-06-07 09:12:05 - last edited 2023-06-13 01:39:08

Hi @SmokehouseBay,

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----EAP225.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building to receive the signal from the 1st CPE. As the 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means to transfer wireless signal to wired signal, so it will not broadcast wireless signal. If you need wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link below:
(Point to Point)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New access point in my boathouse.
2023-06-10 20:30:52 - last edited 2023-06-10 20:35:15

@SmokehouseBay Yes just run an ethernet cable from the LAN port on the POE adapter of the client CPE, inside to a device of your choice like a wireless router or an access point. You do not get POE over that ethernet port so you will need power for the device you choose to put inside.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 2

Related Articles