TL-SG2210MP ports limiting speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-08 13:44:27
Model: SG2210MP  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.5

I have had this ongoing issue with the TL-SG2210MP limiting throughput. 

I have a Unifi Gigabeam (AP) wired to port 7. The second Unifi Gigabeam (Client) is wired to my router. Initially throughput is near 900Mbps up / down but at some point for unknown reasons, it will drop and lock to around 70Mbps up/down.

I have the ability to test the speed between the two Gigabeams and when this issue occurs, the throughput between the Gigabeams is still maxed out at gigabit speed. I can also test between the Gigabeam (AP) and my PC connected to my router and speeds are full.  So the issue is traced back to the TL-SG2210MP. 

I can move the ethernet cable for the Gigabeam (AP) from the port 7 to port 8 and the issue clears up immediately,  but at some point the issue will resurface on that port. Moving it back to 7 clears it up again. 

Any recommendations?  This issue did not start happening until we put the TL-SG2210MP in place. Prior to that we had a different switch that worked without issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG2210MP ports limiting speed
2023-06-09 08:56:18

@RickJamesBish 

Did you test this switch separately with Iperf3? 

I thought this way is the directest one that tests the speed as always.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:TL-SG2210MP ports limiting speed
2023-06-14 10:05:19 - last edited 2023-06-14 18:06:00

@Virgo 

No, I just confirmed speed was not affected between the two Unifi Gigabeams, or between the Root Gigabeam and my router. That made me feel fairly confident that the issue was either the TP-Link Switch or some compatability issue between it and the Unifi Gigabeams.

To test further I removed the TL-SG2210MP and replaced it with a $40 Yuanely POE Switch I already had on hand. It has been in place for 4 days now and the issue has not happened once.

We had already planned to move away from Omada and go full Unifi, so this just helped in moving towards that goal.  The access points and OC200 are the only TPlink hardware remaining, but since the APs will have to be replaced all at once, we have to acquire them slowly for budget reasons, and then make the swap.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 2

Related Articles