CPE510 - trouble logging into admin page after hard reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-28 03:18:49 - last edited 2023-06-29 01:06:24

I've had this CPE510 range extender installed on my auxiallary garage for about a year.  It has worked flawlessly and I've so much as logged into the admin page since I installed it last year.  This week a contractor had to move the mounting pole that the CPE510 is attached to.  It was down for about 5 days.  After mounting the pole again, my internet access was gone.  The transmitting device and receiving device are less than 100 yards apart and simply eyeballing them they look to be in close-enough alignment.  I tried logging into the admin for the receiving unit but received several password failed attempts.  I finally did a hard reset from both the power unit and the roof-mounted receiving unit holding in the reset button for at least 10 seconds.  I visually saw the light indications that the hard reset was received.  I went back to the computer to login again using admin/admin but to no avail. 

Here is every detail I can think to relay:

I've set the static IP on my MacBook Air to 192.168.0.2 and also several variations of .10, .20, etc.

I started using Safari but have also tried using Chrome

I've cleared the history in both Safari and Chrome

I'm using private/incognito windows

I get to the admin login page on 192.168.0.254 but even after multiple hard resets admin / admin does not work for username and password

I don't have anyting else plugged into my router except the ethernet from the power adapter

I'm not sure why the event of taking down the extender started this chain of events.  I guess just breaking the communication between the two devices necessitated a reset.  

Can anyone confirm that doing the hard reset should also reset my username and password to admin / admin?  Any other tips/advice on how to get back into my admin page to get connected again?

Thanks,

Jason

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE510 - trouble logging into admin page after hard reset
2023-06-29 02:47:22

@Jmischel 

Hi, seems like a hardware issue, have you contacted support for a replacement? If not, have a try.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:CPE510 - trouble logging into admin page after hard reset
2023-07-21 15:51:17

@Jmischel 

Hi try using IE mode (Internet Explorer mode) in microsoft edge browser. It worked for me

After reset you user name an d password will be admin admin.

ip adress will be 192.168.0.254

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 2

Related Articles