Tplink poe issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tplink poe issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tplink poe issue
Tplink poe issue
2023-07-06 22:56:21 - last edited 2023-07-19 06:51:24
Tags: #PoE

I have an eap110-outdoor access point that is currently powered by POE using the POE adapter supplied.

This is connected to a standard non Poe output on a TP-Link PoE Switch 8-Port Gigabit TL-SG1008P.

This sg1008p is cable connected to a DLink mesh.

This is the only way I can power the eap110-outdoor. 

I have tried using the same poe ethernet cable directly from one of the 4 poe outputs on the sg1008p. However, the indicator lights for the poe output are not lit and there is no power reaching the eap110-outdoor. I have tried all of the 4 ports. I know these poe ports do work as one is permanently powering a camera and I have swapped this around to check

I have heard that not all poe devices are compatible with poe outputs for the sg1008p but don't know how to check compatibility. The documentation for the eap110-outdoor only states that it is passive poe.

Any ideas whether compatibility would be an issue between these 2 devices?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tplink poe issue-Solution
2023-07-07 06:21:25 - last edited 2023-07-07 06:22:06

Hello @Stainl,

The issue you are talking about is POE Compatible issue I think.

As mentioned in the Specifications, EAP110-Outdoor is using 24V Passive PoE for power, but TL-SG1008P support Standard POE.

This is the point, they are not compatible, check their Specifications as below:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tplink poe issue-Solution
2023-07-07 06:21:25 - last edited 2023-07-07 06:22:06

Hello @Stainl,

The issue you are talking about is POE Compatible issue I think.

As mentioned in the Specifications, EAP110-Outdoor is using 24V Passive PoE for power, but TL-SG1008P support Standard POE.

This is the point, they are not compatible, check their Specifications as below:

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tplink poe issue
2023-07-07 07:53:21

@Hank21 thanks for that info. I guess I need to find a more flexible switcher that can deal with these different poe standards as I am likely to want to add more poe devices in this area.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles