What outdoor product will extend my primary TP-Link LAN AND SSID/Password to outdoors?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What outdoor product will extend my primary TP-Link LAN AND SSID/Password to outdoors?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-09 19:30:59 - last edited 2023-07-10 01:22:30

This is something that I think would be a pretty common question/need, but I am struggling to find a solution.

I have a "primary" TP-Link TL-WR940N wifi router connected to my Spectrum fiber optic modem. I only use 2.4 ghz, and I have this modem configured to RF channel 1 (not auto). It is the gateway, DHCP server, etc for my home LAN 192.168.1.x. This router /gateway's address is 192.168.1.1. Its SSID is "OurHappyPlace".

In my barn about 300' from the house I have another TL-WR940N. It is connected via CAT-6 cable through an underground conduit to the primary TL-WR940N in the house. They are connected LAN port to LAN port. On this one I configured it to disable DHCP, hardwired its address to 192.168.1.2, and its 2.4ghz channel to be 6. Its SSID is also "OurHappyPlace", with the same password as the primary.

Things have worked beautifully for a few years. But then my wife complained that WiFi was spotty in the yard. So I bought a TP-Link CPE210 for outside. I configured it similarly to the TL-WR940N in the barn, i.e. disable DHCP, hardwired its address to 192.168.1.3, and its 2.4ghz channel to be 11. Its SSID was also  "OurHappyPlace". It is connected to a primary router TP-Link TL-WR940N LAN port. Everything has worked great, except that anything connected to the  CPE210 could not access the printers in the house. I never diagnosed this, because everyone outside was happy that they had WiFi and that was good enough for me.

So the outdoor CPE210 has died, apparently water got into the housing. What do I replace it with to regain my outdoor functionality (any maybe get printer access back for everyone, too)? Again, I want t=same LAN 192.168.1.x everywhere, including same SSID and password. Full disclosure, I did buy a Wavlink WN570HN2 to replace the TP-Link CPE210. I have had no luck getting this thing to work either as a repeater or as an access point similar to what I did with the CPE210.

Please help, I can't believe that what I am trying to do is this hard.

Options
1 Reply
Re:What outdoor product will extend my primary TP-Link LAN AND SSID/Password to outdoors?
2023-07-10 08:45:37
Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options