CPE & EAP connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE & EAP connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE & EAP connectivity
CPE & EAP connectivity
2023-07-16 06:47:59 - last edited 2023-07-16 06:59:49

I am planning to extend my router range in an industrial area. Currently there is another factory in between my two factories similar to the below picture (the middle space replaced by another house). There are quite some interference as my 2nd factory only receives -70 to -80rssi across 60ft distance and unstable wifi.

I would like to connect a CPE220 (wifi camera only works on 2.4ghz) using lan cable from the router. Then, a second CPE220 at the 2nd factory. Since the CPE only supports 2.4ghz, should I just get a EAP for 2.4ghz only or dual bands? The EAP will be outdoors but under a roof in shaded area.  ** or can I just use my spare AC router, taking the EAP's job?

For the CPE, do they require DC power? What cable are required for the 2nd factory? Will the second CPE220 be linked via a lan cable to the EAP via POE? I would also like to use the same SSID for both EAP and router so I dont have to reset my wifi camera.

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE & EAP connectivity
2023-07-17 06:02:37

@Kaizoku 

It doesn't matter if the EAP is single or dual-band, the CPE can only connect to the EAP 2.4G wifi. You need to use the POE injector to power the CPE, and the power supply method is the same as the EAP. But note the POE protocol may be different.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:CPE & EAP connectivity
2023-07-19 10:30:43 - last edited 2023-07-19 10:34:44

@Kaizoku My first move would be to get away from 2.4Ghz for the bridge between the two structures and then on the side where 2.4ghz is needed for the camera, come off the LAN port of the CPE to a 2.4ghz AP, or even better, wire the camera to the LAN port if it has that capability.

I have 12 wireless outdoor cameras on our property and they are all 2.4ghz. On top of that we typically have 25 wireless clients, over 60% of them on 2.4ghz. To reduce 2.4Ghz interference from so many devices, 9 of the cameras are wired to the APs Lan ports, either individually or by a POE switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 2

Related Articles