No gateway pass through or ping router from 1 client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 15:27:00

I have a ptmp network 1 AP and 3 Clients. 2 of the client are absolutly fine but one will not pass the gateway through. I can't even ping the router address from any device connected to the client. I believe these to be Layer 2 so don't understand why.

I can ping everything else on the network apart from the gateway.

Thanks in advance guys.

Options
2 Reply
Re:No gateway pass through or ping router from 1 client
2023-08-03 03:46:45

@FarmTech 

You need to go section by section to troubleshoot the possible causes.
If the AP CPE is working, go to the Client interface and check the Radio Status to see if it is properly connected to the AP CPE.

If it is properly connected, it is recommended to try different channels and channel widths on the AP CPE to see which one is more stable.

Check the firmware version, if it is not the latest one, you can upgrade it.

If this is no help, you will have to reset and reconfigure.
Also, make sure that the view between the two CPEs is clear.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:No gateway pass through or ping router from 1 client
2023-08-08 10:12:16
Hi, SOrry for the late update. I have done everything you suggest, i've compared each setting to one of the woring unit all matched up perfect. I reset the unit and update dteh firmware reconfigured still the sa,e. Perfect Line of sight. I just don;t get it, If I use say Angry IP scanner I can see and ping every other device ont he network apart from the Router IP. I'll admit I;m new to TPLInk but I've been installing Ubiquiti for years and am Cisco Qualified. I;m no novice but this is making no sense.
Options