Multiple CPE Long Range Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 23:24:30 - last edited 2023-08-14 01:14:37

I am expanding my outdoor network and spent all day today trying to connect 2 CPE210 together using ethernet ports unsuccessfully.  Here is my goal.  I have a router in my house.  I have a CPE210 running off solar about 300 feet from my house.  I would like the first CPE210 to pick up the signal from my router in my house.  I would like that CPE210 to then pass that signal over an ethernet cable to a second CPE210 that is mounted on the same post as the first CPE210.  I would like the second CPE210 to then send the signal all the way down my driveway.  My drive way has a corner and the property is heavily wooded.  Basically I am trying to send the WIFI signal down around a corner to the end of my drive way.  Currently I have one CPE210 acting as a repeater but the signal to my house is week.  I was looking to have a second CPE210 pointed right at my house to increase the signal strength.  Would anyone be able to give a little input on how to get this to work?  Which modes to be running both CPEs in?  I would like to do it in a way that impacts the throughout the least.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple CPE Long Range Network
2023-08-14 08:24:47

Hello @Kicker3d

Actually, CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 60 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.
You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:
How to adjust orientation of outdoor AP for better signal coverage

It is suggested to use 4 CPEs to deploy the device like Routers---AP CPE 1)))((((Client CPE 1----AP CPE 2))))((((Client CPE 2, because 300m is a little far between the router and AP CPE, you need to make sure the router can transfer a long-distance signal.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 1

Related Articles