WAN to wireless bridge to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-14 22:23:24 - last edited 2023-08-16 05:49:51

Hello,

I'm pretty sure this would work but I just want to know if anyone out there has this up and running.  I have a situation where I want to send a fiber internet connection directly from the ONT through a dedicated set of CPE710's (AP/Client mode locked to each other) and then into the router (ER605) and used as the secondary WAN connection (load balancing).  I believe this will work but I would rather be sure before I spend $$ and time experimenting.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WAN to wireless bridge to router -Solution
2023-08-15 13:34:26 - last edited 2023-08-16 05:49:51

I decided to stop being lazy and tested this for myself.  Turns out that it works just fine and it actually doesn't cause a double NAT situation as long as the CPE's are set to AP/Client only.  Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:WAN to wireless bridge to router
2023-08-15 06:14:40

@Gnac 

So the network topology is Fibre---AP CPE)))((((Client CPE---Router WAN port, isn't i?

I thought it is OK, but I haven't tried that, and there will be a double NAT in the network.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:WAN to wireless bridge to router -Solution
2023-08-15 13:34:26 - last edited 2023-08-16 05:49:51

I decided to stop being lazy and tested this for myself.  Turns out that it works just fine and it actually doesn't cause a double NAT situation as long as the CPE's are set to AP/Client only.  Hopefully this will help someone else down the road.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 2

Related Articles