CP510 as Client issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CP510 as Client issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CP510 as Client issues
CP510 as Client issues
2023-08-23 18:22:30
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

I have some problems with a CPE510 configured as Client

I have main router (fritz 7590) in the main buildind, and a EAP255-Outdoor on the roof.

At 200meters I have my CPE510 configured as client and a dlink r15 (very very poor router).

In these days I tried to configure the CPE510 as client and the dlink router as router, in oder to have the lan connectivity (no internet, but network) between the devices in case of problem...

But the problems begein.

Every time I disconnect the CPE510 from the pc and I connect it to the router, he restart to default setting.angry(WHY?)

If I use the dlink router as a bridge (basically became a switch with wifi) and the CPE as client everithing work as well.

I tried to activate the dhcp of the CPE510 and keep the dlink as switch,with an ip range outside the main router range, but all devices get the ip adress from the main router in the main building.

What I'm missing??

Options
2 Reply
Re:CP510 as Client issues
2023-08-24 07:48:29

@Forna91fi 

Put the router into a fixed channel and use the CPE as the client to connect for testing.

Are you saying the CPE is resetting itself auto? If so, maybe a hardware issue.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:CP510 as Client issues
2023-08-31 08:11:39

@Virgo in my case the connection is performed from an aep225-outdoor, channel is fixed.

I'm thinking the same thing, is very strange the automatic hard reset, but for the moment is working propelly, only if I set the dlink router as router the cpe510 self reset.

What I don't really understand is why enabling the dhcp on the eap510 it doesn't work, seems like the dhcp request are recived but passing trough going in collision with the main router dhcp.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 184

Replies: 2

Related Articles