(Actually CPE510) What are the network settings so that it will access internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

(Actually CPE510) What are the network settings so that it will access internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-03 16:02:51 - last edited 2023-09-06 01:35:47
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am ACTUALLY troubleshooting the CPE510 access point and client Outdoor CPE. I have a wLAN between them which is working fine.

What I CAN'T figure out is why the access point doesn't connect to internet even when directly connected to the cable modem. Ideally, it will plug into the wifi router (TP-Link Archer A10).

Thoughts?

Under NETWORK settings in PharOS there are options for IPv6 (which I have attempted applying, as seen below, even though the instruction manual didn't mention it). I was puzzled, and am learning each term step by step.

Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated!!

5b57866c8523498dae76bc38586bbdf5

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:(Actually CPE510) What are the network settings so that it will access internet?-Solution
2023-09-05 10:44:30 - last edited 2023-09-06 01:35:47

@Hank21 

It could be that I missed a step in the directions... but here is what I did to make it work (I had help). I entered the Gateway IP to match the router, primary DNS and Secondary DNS, for a static LAN. Now it simply... works! Thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:(Actually CPE510) What are the network settings so that it will access internet?
2023-09-04 09:17:44

Hello @JoeNearTheRiver,

I believe you are using the CPE510 as the Access Point Mode, am I correct?

If so, you need to connect the CPE510 to a router to extend the WiFi signal, but not a modem. The modem is not a DHCP Server or NAT device, the CPE can not get the Internet from the bridge modem.

Please refer to this article to learn more of the operation mode of CPE products.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:(Actually CPE510) What are the network settings so that it will access internet?
2023-09-04 12:53:39

@Hank21 Thank you for your response!

Before I experimented with the modem, I did have the CPE510 connected directly to the router (Tp-link Archer A10), also without success. According to the instructions online, and the instruction manual, it seems like the CPE should automatically connect to the local area network. Unless, are there specific addresses I need to align so that the router accepts the CPE510 signal? Are there firewalls I need to look into?

Thanks again for responding. Every step helps.

Options
2023-09-05 01:23:06

Hello @JoeNearTheRiver

The CPE is different from EAP products, it couldn't be plug and play, you need to log into the CPE's web interface, and configure it as Access Point Mode, check the Status page after you set it, here is the detailed article to show you how to setup the CPE, please refer here.

If you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:(Actually CPE510) What are the network settings so that it will access internet?-Solution
2023-09-05 10:44:30 - last edited 2023-09-06 01:35:47

@Hank21 

It could be that I missed a step in the directions... but here is what I did to make it work (I had help). I entered the Gateway IP to match the router, primary DNS and Secondary DNS, for a static LAN. Now it simply... works! Thanks for the help.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-06 01:36:41

Hi @JoeNearTheRiver

Thank you for your valued feedback! Glad to hear that your concern was resolved finally.

Hope you enjoy the Internet with TP-Link products and have a great day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 5

Related Articles