NVR Pre-record and delay time having no effect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 22:31:36
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

This seems to be the same issue as raised in 2022 where no solution was presented, the issue had not yet been fixed.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/540686

I had both "pre-recorded time" and "delay" under Storage Advanced Settings set to 15 seconds. This should make the NVR start recording 15 seconds before the motion begins and stop 15 seconds after it stops as per the NVR user manual.

Manual extract

The NVR is not doing this however, if a person walks across the screen the recording starts when they are halfway across which seems to be when the motion is first detected. As soon as the motion stops the recording stops. Logically all recordings should be a minimum of 30 seconds: 15 seconds before motion + the length of the motion + 15 seconds after the motion ends. Long motions should be much longer .This is not the case as I have recordings from last night with durations as short as 16 seconds, there was motion for the entire 16 seconds.

How do I fix this?

I have just extended my pre and post settings to 30 seconds each to see if it improves but like the original poster I don't expect it to change.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 194

Replies: 0

Related Articles