Daisy Chain IP phone and PC on a 24 port TP-Link switch with VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 16:06:11
Model: TL-SG1428PE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,
I have been trying to Daisy Chain a Cisco IP phone and PC on the same port on a 24 port TP-Link switch using vlans.

The switch will have 1x uplink for PC Data, 1x uplink for Phone data. Then I want to combine the 2 vlans in each phone port so that I can Daisy Chain PC through the Cisco Phone.

If at all possible i would want to have it so i dont have to enter any vlan information on either the PC or the IP Phone. If this is not possible then, i ould opt to add vlan info on the Ip phone.

I have tried different combinations of tagged and untagged but still nothing, i need help.

Thank you
Brandon

Options
4 Reply
Re:Daisy Chain IP phone and PC on a 24 port TP-Link switch with VLANs
2023-09-25 19:59:52

@bsaccone 

Port 24 untagged in the PC’s VLAN and the port’s VID (PVID) set to the VID. This will take care of the PC.

Also, Port 24 tagged in the phone’s VLAN and the VID set on the phone. This will take care of the phone.

Kris K
Options
2023-09-25 20:29:41

Thank you @KJK 

I failed to mention that the PC uplink and Phone uplink both remain need to remain untagged. Does this alter your proposed setup?

Options
2023-09-25 20:55:26

@bsaccone 

Yes, it does. Why do you want both untagged? That's not how it's done.

Kris K
Options
2023-09-26 07:27:05

@bsaccone 

Hi, you said that you want all your ports to stay untagged is because that your IP Phone cannot process the tagged packets, is that right? In this situation I would say you set the port as untagged and PVID same as PC VLAN ID, then set a MAC VLAN rule for this port and when the port receives packets from the IP Phone it will forward them in another VLAN for IP Phone.

You can also check this official FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2694/

But it seems both your PC and phone cannot deal with tagged packets so you can just check it as a reference.

Stay updated~

"SY" is a 22-year old boy presenting to the tp-link community with brain empty. Take care of yourself, and be well. Loycechan030
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 4

Related Articles