Complete Network disconnect when plugging in CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-10 10:31:07 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:23:38
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I recently acquired 2 TP-Link CPE510 units to connect a separate buidling on our property. I followed the steps and the setup worked perfectly when I connect directly to my laptop. I setup the one as a AP and other as a client, both with static IP addresses (didn't change any other settings). When connected to my laptop I can easily ping the client and view a camera over the link, so I assume it works.  However, I then installed the units on the mast and wall where they need to be, and everytime I plug in the CPE to the Huawei switch (or another TP link switch I tried), I can't access the network anymore. In the diagram below, I can see the entire network EXCEPT the two CPE units from my laptop in the default scenario, but the moment I plug in the CPE510 AP into the switch, I can only see the two CPE units, and none of the other components (cameras, etc). I tried Googling it but keep getting answers that are not applicable. It's almost as if there is a IP/DHCP clash (which I checked and couldn't see). Is there a setting I have to change on the AP to let it work with other network  components? Can someone please assist? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Complete Network disconnect when plugging in CPE510-Solution
2023-10-12 09:39:25 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:23:38

@DIDADI Thanks, I managed to sort out the problem.  It was the IP addresses, but it wasn't straight forward.

I tried using dynamic IP addresses with no success. I then added a second switch in the line and connected one camera to that, which was successful. This led me to the solution.  By swopping out the Huawei switch I managed to easily get everything going. I suspects it is faulty, as some of the ports show activity, others show nothing, and I can't access the configuration page anymore, no matter what I try.  This is of course a problem for a different forum...

In the end, having spare switches available (and sticking to brands I trust) may be the solution next time...

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Complete Network disconnect when plugging in CPE510
2023-10-11 08:31:04

@AndreC I guess it is indeed caused by improper IP Settings, the simplest solution is to set the PC to dynamic IP, and set the CPE to dynamic IP, you can try it.

Options
2023-10-11 08:32:48

@DIDADI Thank you for the quick reply.

1 - I did this using the quick setup. Is there a differerence between quick setup and WAN IP? I assume the WAN address is the one configured on the internet router?  Where should you configure it?

2- All the components in the network are in the 192.168.1.xxx range.  The laptop is 192.168.1.166, the AP is 192.168.1.71 and the client is 192.168.1.70, and all the other nodes are in the same range.  The WAN IP of the AP shows N/A (see below)

This is the WAN setup of the router

Options
2023-10-11 08:43:02

@AndreC The previous reply was a bit inaccurate, you can check out the latest reply

Options
Re:Complete Network disconnect when plugging in CPE510-Solution
2023-10-12 09:39:25 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:23:38

@DIDADI Thanks, I managed to sort out the problem.  It was the IP addresses, but it wasn't straight forward.

I tried using dynamic IP addresses with no success. I then added a second switch in the line and connected one camera to that, which was successful. This led me to the solution.  By swopping out the Huawei switch I managed to easily get everything going. I suspects it is faulty, as some of the ports show activity, others show nothing, and I can't access the configuration page anymore, no matter what I try.  This is of course a problem for a different forum...

In the end, having spare switches available (and sticking to brands I trust) may be the solution next time...

Recommended Solution
Options