CPE510 reboot lost management access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-21 15:08:22 - last edited 2023-10-31 01:41:08
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 CPE510s that lost management access when rebooting from the web portal. Is this typical behavior of these devices?

AP was online for 25 days. Client was online for 4 days. I rebooted the client and was unable to ping it at it's static IP, but on the Stations list on the AP it showed connected. Couldn't get access to HTTPS either. Started a spectrum analysis from the AP (which obviously drops SSID broadcast) and then stopped the analysis and the Client never re-connected. Then I rebooted the AP and now lost access to that as well.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:CPE510 reboot lost management access-Solution
2023-10-30 01:04:20 - last edited 2023-10-31 01:41:08

Hey  @Hank21 

Thanks. I think I found the issue actually. Seems a little tedious workflow in the dev of this application but it appears all changes that are made the "Save" button MUST be clicked. There are quite a few changes where "Apply" does not seem to work, so I'm having to click around on other things to try and force the blue "Save" bar to show, then click save, refresh and almost double-verify that my changes were applied.

Posting this if anyone else is running into this.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE510 reboot lost management access
2023-10-23 09:58:03

Hello @The601Group,

Before we log in the management page of the CPE, please make sure that the PC has already set up the static IP address just like 192.168.0.x, you can refer to this article.

1. Please press the reset button on the back of the device for 5 seconds, and make sure light change into blinking. when the Power and LAN light is solid on, please tap in the "192.168.0.254" again.

2. If still cannot login, please use another browser, clear the browsing cash history.

3. Please turn off the firewall and the anti-virus application on the PC to have a try. If still cannot help, please use another cable connecting from the PC to the LAN port of the injector.

4. If all the advice cannot help to log in the interface, please do the "Ping Command", it is to test the connection between the PC to the CPE:
Press the "Windows" and the "R" on the keyboard at the same time, then you will see the "Run" coming out. Please tap in the "CMD" in the blank and then click "OK" you will see the black background. We need to tap in the "ping 192.168.0.254", then press enter, please tell us what you can see.
Here is the instruction.

5. If the result is "Request Time Out" or "Destination cannot be reached', please unplug all the cable on the CPE, then reset the device again. Leave it alone for 30 minutes, and then do the "Ping Command" again.

6. If possible, it is strongly recommended that you use another computer to have a try, which can succeed according to our experience.

You can also refer to this document to do more troubleshooting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-10-23 15:24:27

@Hank21 

Thank for the reply, but that’s basic troubleshooting I've already completed. My main question was if the devices are supposed to keep their config post-reboot?

After I rebooted the devices, neither would respond to their configured IP, nor the default IP - they just locked up.

Options
2023-10-24 01:51:52

Hi @The601Group

This cannot be ruled out as a issue with the CPE hardware, it is recommended to submit a ticket email to our technical support team from here for further assistance like checking the warranty.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:CPE510 reboot lost management access-Solution
2023-10-30 01:04:20 - last edited 2023-10-31 01:41:08

Hey  @Hank21 

Thanks. I think I found the issue actually. Seems a little tedious workflow in the dev of this application but it appears all changes that are made the "Save" button MUST be clicked. There are quite a few changes where "Apply" does not seem to work, so I'm having to click around on other things to try and force the blue "Save" bar to show, then click save, refresh and almost double-verify that my changes were applied.

Posting this if anyone else is running into this.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 4

Related Articles