2 x CPE 510, one is AP, another is client

2023-10-24 07:33:39 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:22:11
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have two CPE510s, one is set in AP mode and connected to the internet by router, another is set to client mode and is connected to PC.

It works fine for a few days and then it stops, the antena lights on client CPE510 turn off and I have no Internet. First time it happened I reset it and set it up again and it worked again but the it stopped again.

Also, when I change ip addresses from 192.168.0.254 to another like 192.168.200.1 or 2, I can not enter the Pharos control anymore.

How can I make it work without problems?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:2 x CPE 510, one is AP, another is client-Solution
2023-10-25 06:41:40 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:22:11

@entername 

Two CPEs do network extension point-to-point and have dropout problems, you need to go section by section to troubleshoot the possible causes.
You can first test whether this end of the AP CPE is working properly, if not, that means the problem may appear in the front end, you can change the network cable and check the router in the front end.

If the AP CPE is working, go to the CLient interface and check the Radio Status to see if it is properly connected to the AP CPE.

If it is properly connected, it is recommended to try different channels and channel widths on the AP CPE to see which one is more stable.

Check the firmware version, if it is not the latest one, you can upgrade it.

If this is no help, you will have to reset and reconfigure.
Also, make sure that the view between the two CPEs is clear.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:2 x CPE 510, one is AP, another is client-Solution
2023-10-25 06:41:40 - last edited 2023-11-30 08:22:11

@entername 

Two CPEs do network extension point-to-point and have dropout problems, you need to go section by section to troubleshoot the possible causes.
You can first test whether this end of the AP CPE is working properly, if not, that means the problem may appear in the front end, you can change the network cable and check the router in the front end.

If the AP CPE is working, go to the CLient interface and check the Radio Status to see if it is properly connected to the AP CPE.

If it is properly connected, it is recommended to try different channels and channel widths on the AP CPE to see which one is more stable.

Check the firmware version, if it is not the latest one, you can upgrade it.

If this is no help, you will have to reset and reconfigure.
Also, make sure that the view between the two CPEs is clear.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:2 x CPE 510, one is AP, another is client
2024-02-20 18:31:50
I have a similar issue, when i power off the AP and turn back on it wont connect unless i reset everything to factory setting
Options
2024-03-01 04:55:01

entername wrote

Hi,

I have two CPE510s, one is set in AP mode and connected to the internet by router, another is set to client mode and is connected to PC.

It works fine for a few days and then it stops, the antena lights on client CPE510 turn off and I have no Internet. First time it happened I reset it and set it up again and it worked again but the it stopped again.

Also, when I change ip addresses from 192.168.0.254 to another like 192.168.200.1 or 2, I can not enter the Pharos control anymore.

How can I make it work without problems?

@entername 

Options
2024-03-06 21:45:52

@Adampoll 

Sometimes it happens to me too, but there is no general rule. Once I had a problem in my eletricity network and fuse popped out, then I had to reset everything, but when I just turn off the power it usually works again, with no other issues.

Options