GEtting WI-Fi into steel building with two CPE210s

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 21:13:01 - last edited 2023-10-30 12:18:10

I am trying to get internet into my shop.  I have one CPE210 at the house, broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal.  At the shop I have another CPE210 outside the building, connected to a wireless modem inside.  What mode should the CPE210 at the shop be set to?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:GEtting WI-Fi into steel building with two CPE210s-Solution
2023-10-30 12:18:07 - last edited 2023-10-30 12:18:10

Hello @Schmidty,

For long-distance communication, we recommend you set a point-to-point connection.
Which means you will need two CPEs plus one AP or wireless router and a clear line of sight.

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----Another AP.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building(your shop) to receive the signal from the 1st CPE.
The 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means transferring the wireless signal to the wired signal, so it will not broadcast a wireless signal.
If you need a wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link.
We have some articles and instructions that might be helpful:
Long-distance wireless connection concerns when using outdoor access point
How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:GEtting WI-Fi into steel building with two CPE210s-Solution
2023-10-30 12:18:07 - last edited 2023-10-30 12:18:10

Hello @Schmidty,

For long-distance communication, we recommend you set a point-to-point connection.
Which means you will need two CPEs plus one AP or wireless router and a clear line of sight.

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----Another AP.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building(your shop) to receive the signal from the 1st CPE.
The 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means transferring the wireless signal to the wired signal, so it will not broadcast a wireless signal.
If you need a wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link.
We have some articles and instructions that might be helpful:
Long-distance wireless connection concerns when using outdoor access point
How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 1

Related Articles