I need help with accessing Pharos on a CPE710 device. IP configuration problems.

I need help with accessing Pharos on a CPE710 device. IP configuration problems.

2023-11-16 13:50:40 - last edited 2023-11-23 11:11:31
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I managed to somehow fumble my way through setting up my first CPE710 as an access point. Now I'm trying to setup the client CPE710. 

I CANNOT access the device even after setting the laptop's static IP as 192.168.0.254. I open a browser and nothing happens. I have the laptop connected to the LAN side of the injector and the CPE710 connected to the POE side of the injector. I have rebooted the laptop and double checked all the settings. The subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0 as well. 

The are two blue lights lit up on the device, power and traffic. If I unplug the LAN cable from the laptop, then only the power LED is on. 

Please help. These things are FAR more complicated to set up than anticipated. 

EDIT: Also, I cannot factory reset either device. Holding the reset on the unit itself or the injector will not reset it. After holding either of these reset buttons for around 7 seconds, the lights blink, but factory settings are not reset. If anybody has any info about this, that would be appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I need help with accessing Pharos on a CPE710 device. IP configuration problems.-Solution
2023-11-17 03:43:03 - last edited 2023-11-23 11:11:31

Hello @Justin35,

Before we log in the management page of the CPE, please make sure that the PC has already set up the static IP address just like 192.168.0.x, you can refer to this article.

1. Please press the reset button on the back of the device for 5 seconds, and make sure light change into blinking. when the Power and LAN light is solid on, please tap in the "192.168.0.254" again. Please make sure you feel the button.

2. If still cannot login, please use another browser, clear the browsing cash history.

3. Please turn off the firewall and the anti-virus application on the PC to have a try. If still cannot help, please use another cable connecting from the PC to the LAN port of the injector.

4. If all the advice cannot help to log in the interface, please do the "Ping Command", it is to test the connection between the PC to the CPE:
Press the "Windows" and the "R" on the keyboard at the same time, then you will see the "Run" coming out. Please tap in the "CMD" in the blank and then click "OK" you will see the black background. We need to tap in the "ping 192.168.0.254", then press enter, please tell us what you can see.
Here is the instruction.

5. If the result is "Request Time Out" or "Destination cannot be reached', please unplug all the cable on the CPE, then reset the device again. Leave it alone for 30 minutes, and then do the "Ping Command" again.

6. If possible, it is strongly recommended that you use another computer to have a try, which can succeed according to our experience.

You can also refer to this document to do more troubleshooting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:I need help with accessing Pharos on a CPE710 device. IP configuration problems.-Solution
2023-11-17 03:43:03 - last edited 2023-11-23 11:11:31

Hello @Justin35,

Before we log in the management page of the CPE, please make sure that the PC has already set up the static IP address just like 192.168.0.x, you can refer to this article.

1. Please press the reset button on the back of the device for 5 seconds, and make sure light change into blinking. when the Power and LAN light is solid on, please tap in the "192.168.0.254" again. Please make sure you feel the button.

2. If still cannot login, please use another browser, clear the browsing cash history.

3. Please turn off the firewall and the anti-virus application on the PC to have a try. If still cannot help, please use another cable connecting from the PC to the LAN port of the injector.

4. If all the advice cannot help to log in the interface, please do the "Ping Command", it is to test the connection between the PC to the CPE:
Press the "Windows" and the "R" on the keyboard at the same time, then you will see the "Run" coming out. Please tap in the "CMD" in the blank and then click "OK" you will see the black background. We need to tap in the "ping 192.168.0.254", then press enter, please tell us what you can see.
Here is the instruction.

5. If the result is "Request Time Out" or "Destination cannot be reached', please unplug all the cable on the CPE, then reset the device again. Leave it alone for 30 minutes, and then do the "Ping Command" again.

6. If possible, it is strongly recommended that you use another computer to have a try, which can succeed according to our experience.

You can also refer to this document to do more troubleshooting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:I need help with accessing Pharos on a CPE710 device. IP configuration problems.
2023-12-03 05:27:56

@Justin35 the CPE comes factory set to 192.168.0.254 and returns to that IP address when you reset it.  Your laptop cannot be set to that same IP address.  I suggest setting your laptop to 192.168.0.10 and 255.255.255.0.  Once you're able to configure the cpe, I suggest you set the first one to 192.168.0.250 and the second to 0.249.

I hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 2

Related Articles