Items I need to accomplish this. HELP!

2023-12-06 12:54:51 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:59:26

Hello and thank you in advance for anything you can contribute! 

Overview:

Assume that I have a low knowledge base of these products and details you provide are extremely appreciated. 

Assume I have no devices purchased except my ISP.

I would like almost all of the products to be from TP-Link if it makes sense in the setup I wish to achieve. 

I would primarily like help with just the network products and devices. I don't necessarily need recommendations for the specific security cameras (you will read about them below) unless it would adjust my network purchases.  

My ISP: Starlink

My Property: A flat, almost perfectly square plot of land that is 40 acres large. Assume that a light density of trees is scattered across the entire property. I do NOT have line of sight unless I find a way to place devices above the trees, which could be feasible if the plan calls for it. I have a very open mind.

Other Users: I don't anticipate other devices connecting to this network except for my wired TV in my home and a video game system.

My Budget: I'm in the dark on how much to allocate, but I'd like to keep it under $5,000. That also may be way too much.

Device Purchase Recomendations to create this network:

I am trying to setup 4 security camera hubs around my property. Each security camera hub will have approximately 4 cameras. There will be 1 hub at each generalized corner of my square property. The security cameras will most likely be Arlo brand. Each Hub will be solar powered along with whatever equipment I need to purchase to make them work. I would like all the equipment to be at least WiFi 6 compliant unless that seems like overkill.

I was given advice on buying 5 Point-To-Multi-Point wireless bridges with one of them being in the center of my property and the other 4 near the corners which would be located at the security camera hub locations. Words like omnidirectional, passive/active beamforming, and RF are currently on the learning curve for me.

Even just contributing a basic list or options of a list would be beneficial for me. I can then take those lists and research the products and ask specific questions for follow-up if I'm unable to find the answers. I understand that this may be incredibly easy for some of you, but this is a stretch for my mind.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Items I need to accomplish this. HELP!-Solution
2023-12-07 03:54:51 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:59:26

@Darkprayer 

First, follow the advice and use the CPEs, you can see everywhere about the detailed suggestions from @Hank21, but maybe no wifi6 I thought.

Second, consider the EAPs, use the Solution generator for your personalized scenario.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Items I need to accomplish this. HELP!-Solution
2023-12-07 03:54:51 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:59:26

@Darkprayer 

First, follow the advice and use the CPEs, you can see everywhere about the detailed suggestions from @Hank21, but maybe no wifi6 I thought.

Second, consider the EAPs, use the Solution generator for your personalized scenario.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 1

Related Articles