How to configuration CPE710 (as access point) to CPE510 (as client)

2024-02-23 17:59:29
Model: CPE710   CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I tried many times to connect CPE710 as access point with CPE510 as client to have internet between 2 homes the distance around 12km 

but I'm even can't connect the two models and even I don't know it can be possible to connect them together or it must be the 2 with same model ? 
please help 🙏

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to configuration CPE710 (as access point) to CPE510 (as client)
2024-02-26 01:59:21

Hi @A-anany00000000,

Yes, you can use different models to create the point-to-point connection. CPE510 as the AP CPE and the CPE710 as the Client CPE.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-02-26 02:02:36

@Hank21 

I tried many times CPE710 as AP

and CPE510 as client 

but I can't have internet connection on the client 

there is any link explaining how to do that ? 
thank you so much for your adv

Options
2024-02-27 01:31:00

Hi @A-anany00000000,

For long-distance communication, we recommend you set a point-to-point connection.
Which means you will need two CPEs plus one AP or wireless router and a clear line of sight.

The connection should be like Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----Another AP.

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building(your shop) to receive the signal from the 1st CPE.
The 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means transferring the wireless signal to the wired signal, so it will not broadcast a wireless signal.
If you need a wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link.
We have some articles and instructions that might be helpful:
Long-distance wireless connection concerns when using outdoor access point
How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 3

Related Articles