CPE210 minimum distance for MAXtream?

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

What is the minimum distance for a MAXtream connection between two CPE210? Is it better to just use "normal" wifi repeater mode if the distance is about 50 meters?

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE210 minimum distance for MAXtream?
a week ago

jopps wrote

What is the minimum distance for a MAXtream connection between two CPE210? Is it better to just use "normal" wifi repeater mode if the distance is about 50 meters?

Hi @jopps 

There is no certain limitation on the distance between the CPE. But the MAXtream is only available in the modes of Access Point and AP Router, and you will not able to connect other Wi-Fi devices to an AP with MAXtream enabled.

And may I confirm more details about your request? Which mode will you try to use? Or please refer to the common application of the CPE to check further.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
a week ago

@Hank21 Thank you!

I'm helping a local sports club where they tried to connect two buildings with a pair of CPE210. They never got it to work reliably and asked me if I could have a look at it. The distance between the two buildings is about 50 meters with clear sight. My question was if the distance is too short for MAXtream to work reliably.

The router, a TP Link AX73, is in the main building and creates both office wifi and guest wifi networks. The remote building needs both office wifi, guest wifi and cable connections and if necessary we will connect a small switch and a separate AP (RE305).

Options
a week ago

Considering CPE210's MAXtream connection? While troubleshooting, practicing Copy English can also broaden your understanding of networking concepts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 95

Replies: 3

Related Articles