Admin of CPE210 units without knowing its IP address

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm setting up a wireless link between two buildings for a customer. Customer's IP addresses are not known, and I decided to set both units as DHCP clients.

During configuration (in my office) I accessed the units through their default IP-address, but since the units must work in a different IP network, they had to be set as DHCP clients. Thus, the IP addresses are not known.

My question is then - how do I access the units when they are installed in the customer's LAN and their IP addresses are not know?

Side note: I'm familiar with similar units from Mikrotik. These units may easily be accessed through PC software or app that discovers the units and makes login easy. Is there something similar for the CPE210 units?

-O

Options
1 Reply
Re:Admin of CPE210 units without knowing its IP address
a week ago

oberli wrote

I'm setting up a wireless link between two buildings for a customer. Customer's IP addresses are not known, and I decided to set both units as DHCP clients.

During configuration (in my office) I accessed the units through their default IP-address, but since the units must work in a different IP network, they had to be set as DHCP clients. Thus, the IP addresses are not known.

My question is then - how do I access the units when they are installed in the customer's LAN and their IP addresses are not know?

Side note: I'm familiar with similar units from Mikrotik. These units may easily be accessed through PC software or app that discovers the units and makes login easy. Is there something similar for the CPE210 units?

-O

Hi @oberli 

Currently the first configuration of CPE210 will request you wired connect to it and access to the CPE210 with static IP address within the default subnet. We cannot access to its web UI via getting the IP from DHCP server. However, the IP address of the CPE is only used for the web UI accessing purpose. If you are trying to configure the wireless link/point to point connection, actually you can set up the point to point connection directly and move them to another router/subnet. There is no necessary for the router subnet is the same as the CPE IP address.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 43

Replies: 1

Related Articles