Not sure which mode to use to link 2 buildings

2024-05-12 06:57:38 - last edited 2024-05-14 04:54:50
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I’m trying to share internet from Building A to Building B. I’ve got a CPE210 mounted on A and one mounted on B.

If I put the CPE210 on A into Bridge mode, I can get internet in B and I can connect devices to the linking wireless network, i.e. in the space outdoors between the buildings. But if I connect the CPE210 on A to my router via an ethernet cable and put it in Access Point mode, I get internet in B but I cannot connect devices to the linking network between the buildings. What am I doing wrong?

Which mode should I be using to connect to the router in A via ethernet, send internet to B and be able to connect devices to the linking network? Or do I need to configure the Access Point mode differently?

Thanks for any assistance/advice.

Cheers,

Alonso

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Not sure which mode to use to link 2 buildings-Solution
2024-05-12 19:03:51 - last edited 2024-05-14 04:54:50

@Alonso_P I believe my issue is that I had MAXtream enabled...

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Not sure which mode to use to link 2 buildings-Solution
2024-05-12 19:03:51 - last edited 2024-05-14 04:54:50

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Not sure which mode to use to link 2 buildings
2024-05-13 07:17:42

Alonso_P wrote

Hi @Alonso_P 

Are you trying to install the point to point connection? For your reference, the first CPE connecting to the router should be Access point mode, while the second CPE should be client mode. You can refer to this troubleshooting to install the point to point connection.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
SOLVED - Re:Not sure which mode to use to link 2 buildings
2024-05-14 04:54:42

@Hank21 Thanks for this. Yes, I have the CPE210 that is connected to the router via an ethernet cable in Access Point mode and the other in Client mode. And I get internet on the Client side. What I couldn't do was have another device connect to the wireless network that linked the two CPE210s. I then realised that was because I had MAXtream enabled. I unticked MAXtream and I could connect to the linking wireless network using a static ip address. And so I think I'm now okay and I won't try to connect to the linking network because I want MAXtream to be enabled.

So, I believe that if I want to easily connect to the linking network, I use Bridge mode and I use Access Point mode if I want to use MAXtream to maximise throughput.  That's my understanding at the moment...

Thanks again for your input and assistance.

Options
SOLVED - Re:Not sure which mode to use to link 2 buildings
2024-05-17 04:51:09

Just to clarify if anyone else is using 2 CPE210s in Access Point mode, don't enable MAXtream and then you'll be able to connect to the linking wireless network. All works brilliantly now. Cheers, Alonso

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 4

Related Articles