Cannot login to switch on 192.168.0.1

Monday - last edited Wednesday
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a Synology RT2600ac router.  My JetStream T1600G-52TS is connected to the router via Cat6 cable.  

Navigating to 192.168.0.1 in my browser, I cannot connect to the JetStream switch; no page ever loads.  I've tried using Safari and Firefox on my desktop Mac, and also Firefox on my laptop which is directly connected to the switch via Cat6 cable.  

When I log into my Synology router, I notice that the switch does not appear in the devices list.  It's strange.  As far as I can tell, I'm not having connection problems. Every device in the house that is hard-wired has Internet access at the speed I expect.  

Moreover, I have a Synology MR2200ac mesh router that is configured as a mesh device (no routing function).  It is hard-wired into the switch.  As far as I can tell, the Wi-Fi works as expected.  

Alas, I'm confused.  

I know this JetStream device is a few years old.  I have never updated the firmware manually, and I presume it never updated automatically.  I have never been able to log in the management software, but now I want to start experimenting with my switch.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot login to switch on 192.168.0.1
Tuesday - last edited Wednesday

@rhimbo 

What's your main router (Synology RT2600ac) LAN IP address ?

To login the switch via web browser you need to make sure that the route between the host PC and the switch is available, i.e. they are on the same LAN subnet.

On the other hand the switch WebGUI can be disabled and the switch could be accessed by Telnet or SSH.

Go through the switch user guide - Part 1 - Accessing the switch for more details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Cannot login to switch on 192.168.0.1
Tuesday - last edited Wednesday

@terziyski  OK, thanks; I'll try accessing via SSH.  It's possible the switch came with the webGUI disabled for security.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 65

Replies: 2

Related Articles