How to setup a Point to multipoint connected to only one access point?

2024-06-24 09:13:33 - last edited 2024-06-25 01:15:12
Model: WBS510   CPE510   TL-ANT2415MS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! I don't have experience in PtP or PtMP and am still exploring. I want to ask if this diagram I made is correct. My objective was to provide an internet connection to the fishermen and I planned to install 4 CPE510 in a sea buoy wherein it would have a coverage of 180deg facing the base station since the buoy's orientation will not be fixed and will move if waves are strong. I know this needs to be scrutinized especially in designing the network, but I will soon conduct computations and experimentation on the sea itself. My concern will be the diagram itself and the devices used, especially on the load balance router connected only to a single access point, if correct. Can the load balance router prioritize the CPE with the fastest speed and connect it to the access point? If not, can you suggest to me some ideas on what devices should be used so as to prevent buying the wrong devices for this network.

Options
7 Reply
Re:How to setup a Point to multipoint connected to only one access point?
2024-06-25 03:30:39

@saramoji 

I would like to suggest that you use CPEs to create a LAG tunnel instead of your current deployment, since this could enhance the network better. You also mentioned that the installation of the CPE unit on the sea buoy is one of the major contributing causes to the precarious situation. I advise you to install the CPE unit in a location that will prevent it from being moved.

Here is the article that describes how to use CPEs to establish a LAG tunnel.
How to use CPEs to build up a LAG (Link Aggregation) tunnel

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-02 06:54:18

@Hank21 

So, basically the pairing should be 1:1 CPE right? 

Options
2024-07-02 08:55:09

@saramoji 

Yes, doing so would be preferable.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-03 21:01:47

Your plan with the CPE510s is interesting. Considering the buoy's movement, using multiple CPEs for better coverage makes sense. Regarding the load balance router solution for streamlined, it can prioritize connections, but checking if it supports automatic selection of the fastest CPE might be crucial.

Options
3 weeks ago

Your setup is interesting! For load balancing, you'll want a router that can handle dynamic prioritization and traffic management effectively. It might be worth looking into routers with built-in QoS (Quality of Service) features or specific load balancing capabilities to ensure optimal performance. Also, make sure by the  espacio en blanco copiar your antennas and CPEs are properly aligned to minimize signal degradation.

Options
3 weeks ago

It looks like your setup is on the right track, but you might want to consider using a sector antenna with your base station to improve coverage, especially  halloween squish since the buoy's orientation is not fixed. For the load balance router, it should ideally be able to prioritize the CPE with the best connection, but make sure it has load balancing and failover capabilities.

Options
2 weeks ago

Your setup plan sounds interesting! For load balancing with a single access point, a router that supports advanced QoS (Quality of Service) might help prioritize connections based on speed. Ensure the router of sassa loans you choose has the capability to handle multiple connections efficiently and supports the load balancing features you need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 343

Replies: 7

Related Articles