Help on setting up access point and client with 2 x CPE510

2024-07-30 13:52:30 - last edited 2024-07-31 05:59:17
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20201111 Rel. 58267 (0000)

Hi,

I am not good at wifi networking setup and config i am really frustrated and have been re-setting and re configuring these units for over 2 weeks now, with no luck.

I dont have land based wifi, i have satellite based wifi.

I have bought 2 CPE510's, i need to set up and AP and Client.

The 2 CPE510s are in my office both connected to POE's and connected to my laptop via lan cable one at a time.The 2 CPE510s are in my office, both connected to my laptop via lan cable one at a time, AP then Client.

I have followed the intruction manual and multiple online guides and videos.ave followed the intruction manualI h and multiple online guides and videos.

I have tried just using The Quick Setup AP then Client just changing the default IP addresses to 192.168.0.253 and 192.168.0.252 with out any other configuration, with no desired result.

On the box it says Model CPE510(UN) Ver3.20

ave followed the intruction manualI h and multiple online guides and videos.

When i connect my AP to my router, my AP seems to be be working ok? ( i can connect both my laptop and my android phone to the internet, The Client i think has a problem?

I connect the client CPE510 to a ethernet cable into the POE port,then i try to connect to the client CPE with my android phone the error is 'cant connect' or 'internet not available'

I have tried variety of settings after multiple reset's.

I have tried putting in WPA-PSK security on both CPE's but it makes no difference.

The status of the AP says:

Device info: MAXtream:OFF

AP:Disabled

Client:Enable

Should IPv6: be Enabled

Monitor throughput is left LAN0 and right Bridge, LAN0 = RX 0.0 - TX 0.0 kbps BRIDGE = RX 3.4 - TX 4.0 kbps

when i change the Throughput LAN0 to WLAN7 i get 7.3 - 5.2 kbps?

------------------------

CPE Access Point:

1. Device info: MAXtream:OFF should it be off?

2. Do i need to put in a default gateway of my router?

3. My IP addresses are both statice 192.168.0.X02 and 192.168.0.x01

4. Should they be setup on on Dymamic rather than static?

Monitor throughput is left LAN0 and righ WLAN0, LAN0 = RX 1.8 - TX 3.9 kbps WLAN0 = RX 15.2 - TX 26.0 kbps

When i run survery on the AP there is no result?

When i run survey on the client, i can find the CPE access point.

I can ping each CPE form either AP or Client.

On the Status monitor / Stations of the AP i can see the CPE510 client but there is zero TX/RX (TX/RX Bit Rate:0.00kbps / 0.00kbps).

and there is no IP address for that CPE?

What am i doing wrong??

Please help, im no I.T guru just a simple game ranger 

Thanks

Rob.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Help on setting up access point and client with 2 x CPE510-Solution
2024-07-31 05:58:58 - last edited 2024-07-31 05:59:17

@Game_Ranger_Rob 

To troubleshoot this issue, kindly go to this link:How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

It is worth noting that the CPE510, when in Client mode, lack wifi. However, it can provide internet access to other devices via the Ethernet connector on the power adapter after it is linked to the access point.It does not, however, broadcast wifi by itself.You can attach an access point or router to it to broadcast WiFi if you'd like.

Only the CPE510 in client mode can link to the access point when MAXtrem is enabled; other clients, like as phones, cannot connect.
Pharos MAXtream introduction

You can set the IP address to be static or dynamic, but to prevent IP conflicts, don't let them share the same IP address.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 07:41:35 - last edited 2024-07-31 09:37:12

@Hank21 

Many thanks,
That link is super useful.
"The problem may be related to two reasons as below:"
(1)   CPE_ Client doesn’t connect successfully to the CPE_ AP.
(n/a to me).

Below is my issue exactly:
(2)   CPE_ Client has successfully connected to the CPE_ AP, but devices in site B cannot access to the internet.

Ok, so i happened to have a CPE210 lying around, i have now connected it to a separate POE with a ethernet fly lead connecting the Client CPE510 to the CPE210 and good news, i now have internet!

Many thanks again.

Rob.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-07-31 05:58:58 - last edited 2024-07-31 05:59:17

@Game_Ranger_Rob 

To troubleshoot this issue, kindly go to this link:How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully?

It is worth noting that the CPE510, when in Client mode, lack wifi. However, it can provide internet access to other devices via the Ethernet connector on the power adapter after it is linked to the access point.It does not, however, broadcast wifi by itself.You can attach an access point or router to it to broadcast WiFi if you'd like.

Only the CPE510 in client mode can link to the access point when MAXtrem is enabled; other clients, like as phones, cannot connect.
Pharos MAXtream introduction

You can set the IP address to be static or dynamic, but to prevent IP conflicts, don't let them share the same IP address.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 07:41:35 - last edited 2024-07-31 09:37:12

@Hank21 

Many thanks,
That link is super useful.
"The problem may be related to two reasons as below:"
(1)   CPE_ Client doesn’t connect successfully to the CPE_ AP.
(n/a to me).

Below is my issue exactly:
(2)   CPE_ Client has successfully connected to the CPE_ AP, but devices in site B cannot access to the internet.

Ok, so i happened to have a CPE210 lying around, i have now connected it to a separate POE with a ethernet fly lead connecting the Client CPE510 to the CPE210 and good news, i now have internet!

Many thanks again.

Rob.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 2

Related Articles