Split five switches into 2 logical networks using vlan trunking?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-28 14:01:29
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-SG3210

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would like some assistance with configuration. I haven't had to use managed switches for over a year and it's my first time using TP-Link units.

I have five SG3210's with fibre sfps connecting them, and one router connecting to ADSL. I have a second ADSL router to use to split my services / topology, into two networks.

So, copper ports 1-4 across all switches should talk to each other and adsl router 1, while copper ports 5-8 talk to each other and adsl router 2.

The vlan switch port access bit I think I can do, the commands look like some cisco stuff I did couple of years back, but I assume I need to set vlan trunking on the sfp interfaces which I am a bit lost on.

Unfortunately the units are at a remote, live site so I don't get to play and experiment. I can see the TP-Link site has instructions for setting this up using a graphical front end but I've not set ip address's on each of the switches yet, so everything is over CLI.

Any help would be appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Split five switches into 2 logical networks using vlan trunking?
2013-10-17 21:29:35
Are you using both SFP ports together as an etherchannel/bond/whatever is called here?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 1