TL-SG1008D Connection losses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-10 00:35:24
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-SG1008

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everybody,

My setup: TP-Link Switch SG1008D connected to: 1x 1000kbit NIC on a Hyper-V Core-Server 2012, 1x 1000kbit NIC on my Desktop-PC (Win7 64bit), 1x 100mbit fritzbox 7170 (Internet).

I'm getting Gigabit between the Hypercore and Desktop with data-transferrates at ~50MB/sec, likekly because I'm still using SATA-HDD, thus about 450kbit/s.

This is my problem:
1) I'm running a Windows SQL 2005 Database on the Server-Core. When I connect to the Database with my Desktop I'm getting persistant connection losses resulting in the programm crashing/not responding.

2) I'm doing RDP between the Desktop and the virtual-machine on the Hyper-V Core with connection losses all the time

So far, I've tried to turned off AVAST Virus-Scanner, without results.
Using an older TP-Link SF1005 100mbit Switch all is fine.

I'm lost, what may I do to resolve the problem?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1008D Connection losses
2014-02-13 14:24:56

tibbytabby wrote

1) I'm running a Windows SQL 2005 Database on the Server-Core. When I connect to the Database with my Desktop I'm getting persistant connection losses resulting in the programm crashing/not responding.

2) I'm doing RDP between the Desktop and the virtual-machine on the Hyper-V Core with connection losses all the time

So far, I've tried to turned off AVAST Virus-Scanner, without results.
Using an older TP-Link SF1005 100mbit Switch all is fine.

Hi, tibbytabby

1. Update drivers for Motherboard and Ethernet adapters on your Server and Desktop.

2. Test your network with other 1Gb switch. Your ethernet adapters may not work properly on 1Gpbs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 853

Replies: 1