HELP with 2 TLWA5210G 500m and LOS.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-15 05:43:25
Region : Mexico

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 4.4.8 Build 130502 rel 6144n

ISP : Axtel extremo

Hi everybody,
making a a visit to get some advice in the configuration of 2 of this devices, what I have is

I need to connect the house of my parents where I pay the bill, (I have like 12mb or 13mb of speed) with my new house ( where the only option is HELL MEX :mad: ) and it is like 500m of distance with LOS. Below of the level of the WA5210 devices there are houses that dont interfere and 1 company that interfere, so I had to raise 3m the antennas in the second floor and now I have LOS.

What I would like to achieve is

Parent's House 13mb House#2 TARGET

cable 500m cable
ISP Router<------------->WA5210G#1 <-------------------------------------------------->WA5210G#2<--------------->RouterTENDA300mb (wireless Internet)

What I have is:

TRANSMITTER
WA5210G #1 connnected to the ISP router by cable ethernet,
-IP from ISP is 192.168.15.1,
-IP from WA5210G #1 is 192.168.15.50, same subnet 255.255.255.0 for both
-Operation mode: AP
-Power 27dbm. Enabled high power
-Mode 54mb 802.11g
-securty WPA2-psk AES
DHCP enabled from .15.100 to .15.199

Till here I am able to send all the 11 or 12mb of the original router by checking at 1m of distance.
But I dont know how to connect the receiver.
I have checked in the wireless mode the intensity of the signal in the House#2 with the WA5210G#2 and I can see a signal of 30db to 35db, tried with different configurations but nothing. I have a router of other brand available to lower the signal by cable with the WA5210G#2.

Can I get some help here with the configuration?
advice about distance?
should I set the distance field at .5 in both antennas (500mts)?
What about the channel?
I have heard that the two WA5210G devices must have in different channels and I have also heard that the devices should be in the same channel as the main router. Any advice there? Note: I have seen most of the signals in the air at channel 1 and 6.
What about the mode b or g? I have heard that the signal is strong in b 11mbps. is that true? the main router has bgn capability.
Options
7 Reply
Re:HELP with 2 TLWA5210G 500m and LOS.
2014-01-15 10:45:35
DHCP enabled from .15.100 to .15.199

if you have dhcp enable in WA5210G #1 ishould be disable, dhcp its done by ISP Router (unless is disable at ISP)
I have heard
You hear to many things
advice about distance?
forget about it for now
But I dont know how to connect the receiver.
follow this tuto http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=318
where the only option is HELL MEX
can you clarify this statment
Options
2014-01-15 14:51:44
Hi Danymarc thanks for your quickly response
Today i disabled dchp in transmitter, but I wasnt able to see the transmitter from the receiver, so I couldnt follow the tuto,
It was very strange that I couldnt see the transmitter when I certainly obtained 30db a day before, Im living in monterrey Mexico, it is an urban área,

I have to tell you that the antennas have LOS of like 1m over the company that is in the middle,
Do you think this is enough? Do you recommend a laser alignment?
I will try tomorrow because today there were very strong winds, so maybe it was the cause of no signal visión.

Do you think that 500mts are easy to connect with this antenna

Can you tell me what antenna alignement to use or you think is better?, vertical, horizontal or external?

whats the difference? angle?
other thing is that in the transmitter there is no stable transmission the rate goes from 1-12mb, do you think that is due to the cable length? like 20 mts from modem.

Hellmex=Telmex with his poor 1 mb +limited calls + extracharges + very bad support p\$389
Axtel extreme 10mb(12-14mb) + with ilimited international calls + excellent support p\539 pesos
Options
2014-01-15 21:04:41
Today i disabled dchp in transmitter, but I wasnt able to see the transmitter from the receiver, so I couldnt follow the tuto,

Chuyo please do not call it transmitter or antenna, AP is the transmitter, and Client is the receiver, take a Lap Top to the Client side, change your settings to static ip and set up Client, or take down the Client and take it where you have the AP on same room separated the most you can set them.
I have to tell you that the antennas have LOS of like 1m over the company that is in the middle,

You are talking about Fresnel zone,
you posted on #1
500m of distance with LOS

So do you have LOS or don't
Do you think that 500mts are easy to connect with this antenna

With LOS piece of cake
Can you tell me what antenna alignement

Forget about it, leave default
whats the difference? angle?

WHAT
other thing is that in the transmitter there is no stable transmission the rate goes from 1-12mb, do you think that is due to the cable length? like 20 mts from modem.

5210 is sensible to brand, type and cable crimping, people had crimped LAN cable and test it, once they plug it in POE it does not work, make sure yours is crimped correctly and tested, 20 mts. is nothing, I have mine in 50mts. you can rule out Client and cable by taking Client close to the Microtik, save the Client settings, set it up as AP and test with Lap or SmartPhone, if it works, reload the saved settings and carry on with your network
Chuyo if you worry about distance LOS and Fresnel Zone, see this picture shot from where I have a 5210 sending Telmex wifi to the far building you see between white left building and yellow right building, signal is sent to the second floor balcony that's 778 mts. all lower fresnel zone is blocked, the aperture between buildings is about 3 mts. works 24/7

imagen
Options
2014-01-27 14:52:41
1) make the two unit face to face and maintain good line of sight. Disable DHCP service on both 5210 since the router is doing the DHCP job.

2) You have already set up the AP. Just go to the 5210#2 and set it up. Login 5210# , go to wireless settings menu to set "Client mode", search the SSID of 5210#1, type in the correct password. save and reboot.

3) Login the 5210#2 again, check status. If the signal strength is shown and channel is stable, it means connection established. Use wireless->antenna alignment to find the best signal while adjusting the position of the 5210#2
Options
2014-01-29 06:15:39
Hello hello, I got it!!
The problem was with one unit of the WA5210G wasnt working, So sad that I dont have the purchase ticket. well
I will make a step by step video or document, and will upload it, its simple in mode AP AP-client, what I found is that the channels from 1-3 and from 7-11 are horrible to transmit the signal in the APs, in the channels from 4-6 the signal is stronger and there is no any Lost in the transmission I sent 12mb and I receive 12mb.
thanks for your help will be makiing the step by step manual and advices.
thanks.
Options
2014-01-29 08:37:28

Chuyo wrote

Hello hello, I got it!!
The problem was with one unit of the WA5210G wasnt working, So sad that I dont have the purchase ticket. well
I will make a step by step video or document, and will upload it, its simple in mode AP AP-client, what I found is that the channels from 1-3 and from 7-11 are horrible to transmit the signal in the APs, in the channels from 4-6 the signal is stronger and there is no any Lost in the transmission I sent 12mb and I receive 12mb.
thanks for your help will be makiing the step by step manual and advices.
thanks.

Good ! You figure it out:D It seems that channel interference is the trick.

So share your step by step manual and experience to help others:cool:
Options
2014-01-29 08:37:49
@Chuyo sorry to hear you lost your ticket, about the I will make a step by step video or document TL has all the tutos just click on top tab FAQ/Click on Suppot a drop down menu will open/click FAQ will take you to this link http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/ open first tab/drop down manu opens/ and all your needs are fullfill just choose what you need in your case, Wireless AP. and YouTube has a lot of tutos.
about your post
what I found is that the channels from 1-3 and from 7-11 are horrible to transmit

dont forget what works for you does not mean it will work for all, in my case I use ch 1 without probs. it all depends on your needs, the ideal PTP (point to point) its not done in 2.4Ghz. you use 5Ghz CPE 7510
2.4Ghz band its crowded with a lot of routers and WISPs on the path, sooner than later problems will arise in that band.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 889

Replies: 7