Problem with wifi bandwidth speed .

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-07 16:12:59
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : otenet GR

Goodmorning . I have 2 TL-wa5210g .
The first is connected wired on a router as an AP .
The second is about 500 metres far , and used as repeater and the signal strength is about 32db .

I make speedtest's from one antenna to other with web interface from my laptop (my laptop's wifi strength connection is good)and there is big differences to the speed. 1mbps to 20mbps .
When i change the second antenna to client mode and i connect my laptop with wire , the speed is about 19-21mbps .

Why this is happening?

(Some of settings in first antenna :
Distance setting --> 0,6km
Signal strength --> 27db)

(Some of settings in second antenna
Distance setting --> indoor
Signal setting --> 21db (then i try 27db the mbps drop dramatically to 1-5mbps))
Options
2 Reply
Thanks !!
2014-04-10 01:02:05
Thanks for replay . I had been crazy with it and you give me the answer . Can i ask you some thing else ? If i bought 741ND , can i put on it an 12db omni-antenna to extent my range in all my house ? With wa5210g i have good signal in all my house but with 5db of 741ND i think i will have problems . My house have 3 floors (sorry for my English !)
Options
Thanks again !!
2014-04-10 18:16:00
Thanks for all your answers .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 2

Related Articles