Do TP Link do anything can access a free campsite BT (British Telecom) Wifi hotspot?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Do TP Link do anything can access a free campsite BT (British Telecom) Wifi hotspot?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-08 05:21:17
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi All,

We go caravanning frequently to the same site mostly and in the amusement arcade / kids play zone they enable access to your own home BT WiFi account via their own hotspot and there's more than 2 million of these in the UK.

I'm wanting to know if TP Link indeed do something that we can have on a pole outside the caravan, that would in effect without the need for any kind of extra traditional router connect to this free hotspot with either our laptop or our mobiles from within and directly around our caravan.

The distance from our caravan to this hotspot is approximately 200 - 250 metres.

Obviously if we're in the amusement arcade or play zone with the kids, we can connect to the caravan sites wifi hotspot with our android smartphones via BT's own Wifi Hotspot app, you in effect put your own Home BT Broadband account username and password in and can connect but the problem is a mobile will only connect over a very short distance and hence the above issue I'm trying to solve.

I hope I've explained the above ok and I'm hoping that somebody can help me determine if TP Link do indeed do something hardware wise and give me further information on exactly which products will do what we need.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from somebody soon.

Regards,
Rob
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do TP Link do anything can access a free campsite BT (British Telecom) Wifi hotspot?
2014-04-10 16:55:37
The Wifi hotspot Server always limits repeater product, I don't think you can repeat the Wi-Fi signal unless you can hack the Server to change the settings.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 1