TP wa5210g not connecting with Cell Phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-14 01:50:01
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have the wa5210g connecting my house and my shop about 50 meters away. All is GREAT with laptops (even multiple laptops), but when I try connecting a cell phone to it,I get "Obtaining IP address" and it never connects. I've tried different versions of Android and Iphone, but they all say the same thing. The cells connect without issues at the origination point of the signal, but the distance is too far at the shop....hence why I'm using this device.

I'm not too technical, so if you have an answer, please keep it at a 3rd grade level so I can follow the solution. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe it's in "universal repeater" mode, but it could be just in "repeater" mode.

Thanks in advance!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP wa5210g not connecting with Cell Phone
2014-05-02 23:21:53
By default DHCP Server is turned off on tp link 5210g.
Make sure you have activated DHCP Server on AP.
Most of the cell phones are default getting their IP adresses via DHCP Server on AP.

You can alternatively try to put static ip adresses on cellphones/android and iPhones.
Hope that works.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 1