Port vlan trunk option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port vlan trunk option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port vlan trunk option
Port vlan trunk option
2014-04-16 02:30:30
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-SL2218

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am interested in purchasing and setting up a TP-Link TL-WA701ND access point and a TP-Link Smart Switch model SL-2218. I will be assigning SSID vlan tags at the access point. There are two user guides for the switch, TL-SL2218_V1_User_Guide.pdf which indicates that switch ports can be set as Access, Trunk and General and the other guide, TL-SL2218_V1_User_Guide_19100010972.pdf, does not show Access,Trunk,General types at all. I am assuming that setting the port type to Trunk is necessary to use SSID tags from the AP. Which guide is correct for this switch that will be purchased new in the next few days. Does this switch allow SSID vlan tags from the WA701ND to be used. Thank you for any insight that can be provided.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Port vlan trunk option
2014-05-07 16:19:57

jcc wrote

I am interested in purchasing and setting up a TP-Link TL-WA701ND access point and a TP-Link Smart Switch model SL-2218. I will be assigning SSID vlan tags at the access point. There are two user guides for the switch, TL-SL2218_V1_User_Guide.pdf which indicates that switch ports can be set as Access, Trunk and General and the other guide, TL-SL2218_V1_User_Guide_19100010972.pdf, does not show Access,Trunk,General types at all. I am assuming that setting the port type to Trunk is necessary to use SSID tags from the AP. Which guide is correct for this switch that will be purchased new in the next few days. Does this switch allow SSID vlan tags from the WA701ND to be used. Thank you for any insight that can be provided.

Hi, jcc
You can use ANY L2 Managed TP-Link switch for your needs.

TP-Link WA701ND uses IEEE 802.1Q standard VLAN tags.
This is not a proprietary solution.

See:

TP-Link TL-SL2218 User Guide -> VLAN:
http://tplink-manuals.org/tplink-tl-sl2210-sl2218-sl2428-sl2452-user-guide/61/

TP-Link TL-WA701ND User Guide -> SSID / VLANID:
http://tplink-manuals.org/tplink-tl-wa701nd-user-guide/38/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1003

Replies: 1

Related Articles