Internet gets disconnected but network connectivity is fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-14 16:05:27
Region : India

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. I have the following setup

UTStarcom ADSL/Boardband Router <----------------> TL WA5210G <----------------> TL WA5210G <----------------> Laptop

I configured both WA5210G in Universal Repeater mode so that i can connect and access internet from my laptop frm UTStarcom. I am able to setup and access Internet fine. However, at random intervals, internet gets disconnected on my laptop. There is no fixed time at which it gets disconnected. Sometimes it can be just 2 or 3 minutes while in some other cases it works fine for 2 hours before getting disconnected.

The Windows 7 Wireless network icon at the bottom right of the screen on my laptop shows "Limited Network". UTStarcom never gets disconnected from the internet and has stable internet access all the time. Signal between both WA5210G is always fine. Need your help in troubleshooting and finding out why internet gets disconnected.

I checked with Win Event Log on my laptop and found that there might be some issue in assigning / renewing IP with regard to DHCP. I disabled DHCP in both TL WA5210G so that UTStarcom alone does the IP assignment but the problem still persists.

I also disable IPV6 but the problem still persists.

I have increased the DHCP lease time on UTStarcom to 800 hours but of no use. Other laptop users who connect to UTStarcom directly (without WA5210G) are able to browse fine with no issues what so ever.

When i set up a static IP (such as, for instance, 192.168.1.5) on IPV4 on my laptop, the internet doesnt work at all. So it seems internet works only when Dynamic IP is assigned.

Can you please help me!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet gets disconnected but network connectivity is fine
2014-06-14 18:15:43
I think that is problem with DNS addresses in your network.
Options
Re:Internet gets disconnected but network connectivity is fine
2014-06-15 14:02:34

jimasek wrote

I think that is problem with DNS addresses in your network.

I tried changing from my ISP DNS to OpenDNS and the problem seems to be the same.

Will changing from "Universal Repeater" to "Repeater" help? In a simple language, what is the difference between the two?
Options