Max distance of PoE Injector for TL-WA7510N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-06-26 03:46:57
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA7510N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Verizon FIOS

Hi,

Sort of a follow up question to this issue. http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?76618-Dropping-Connection-Over-and-Over&region=china

What is the max distance the PoE injector included with the TL-WA7510N can send power to power up the Access Point correctly? I'm currently running it over a 75' cable and every time one of my devices connects to the Access Point, I drop connection and the lights showing the wireless strength on the AP go off. Then they come back on again and then go off again. This is a constant cycle.

I did many tests and I think the issue is with the PoE injector. My last test took the PoE injector outside where I connected its PoE port to the AP with a 7' cat-5 cable. I then plugged it into an exterior outlet about 15' away from the PoE injector with the use of an extension cord. Finally, I connected the 75' cable to the Lan port of the PoE Injector. That 75' cable goes into my house and into my router. This connection caused no issues. Everything worked fine. So my guess is the PoE injector is not too strong. Is there a replacement I can use? I have 2 different PoE Injectors (EnGenius and Axis) and neither will power the AP.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
Options
5 Reply
Re:Max distance of PoE Injector for TL-WA7510N?
2014-06-26 04:02:05
About 60m (meters) on cat.5e
Options
2014-06-26 06:06:25

jimasek wrote

About 60m (meters) on cat.5e

Thanks.
Options
2014-06-27 15:19:21
that so true.
Options
2014-06-30 04:28:35

fotodamaris wrote

None, that POE is TL property, they do not sell it as spare part, have tried 50mts for more than a year no issues, the manual says 60 as JIMASEK told you.
And there is no relation between your post and the one you linked, in that case cgcmgr bought the wrong device.

There is absolutely a relationship between this post and the one I linked. In the linked post I spoke about my connection going on and off continually. Further testing showed that the PoE injector was at fault. Using the 5Ghz unit, I could connect to my 5Ghz devices, but the connection would go on and off. In a test, I took the PoE Injector outside and plugged it into an outlet and used a 7' cat-5 cable to bring power from the injector to the AP. The longer cable that went from the AP into my house to the basement was connected to the Lan port of the injector and to the back of my router. Everything worked fine. I could get a solid connection and watch my Slingbox on my device without any interruptions. However, once I brought the injector inside and used the longer line for PoE, I got the problem again.

On your recommendation I purchased the 7210N and yes, the tablet I want to use in my backyard now sees the wireless network (thanks for the suggestion). Unfortunately, it too has the same problem when connected to the PoE injector in my basement. I rigged up something to make the power connection with the injector in an outdoor box near the AP. The AP now puts out a strong signal and my devices connect to it. I still got random disconnects here and there, but nothing like I did when the injector was inside.

Unfortunately I'm still having an issue with the tablet I purchased the AP for. When connecting my tablet to the AP's wireless signal I get a lot of disconnects. Using the Slingbox app I can only get about 600-800 kbps. The connection disconnects around 600kbps. When using the same app on my phone, I get around 1200-1400 kbps.

I figured it was the tablet, but when connected to my interior wireless network, I get a constant 1432kbps. I have had it running for over an hour already and there have been no disconnects. I'll start a new thread for this if you want me to otherwise we can discuss it here.

Chris
Options
2014-06-30 19:38:45
Thanks for the reply. I will try anything at this rate. I too use the same configuration as you do (the picture you posted).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1295

Replies: 5