Does TL-WA7210N support universal repeater mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-19 02:22:38
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I want to cover my garden (approx. 150m long and 20m wide) with WLAN. I am using WPA2, because WEP isn*t secure. All outdoor repeaters I found use WDS (in the manuals was Universal repeater mode not mentioned), with which I can't use WPA2, if both devices are not from the same manufacture. At a site of a german shop I found the information, that the TL-WA7210N supports universal repeater mode, but I can't find this in the manual. There is only WDS mentioned two times, but without clear context to the repeater mode.
So does the TL-WA7210N supports universal repeater mode to use WPA2?
And is it possible to cover my whole garden with this device without any external antenna? Sure, there are some trees which are in the beeline.

Thx and greetings from Germany,

Björn
Options
3 Reply
Re:Does TL-WA7210N support universal repeater mode?
2014-07-20 16:36:38
Has AP client Router any advantages beside another SSID? this is not necessary for me.
What do you mean with AP mode, the mentioned client Router mode? The Repeater mode would also work 24/7 and cover the whole garden or not?
Options
2014-08-03 02:00:10
The loss of speed is no problem, because I only want to use Internet and no LAN with the device.
Now I installed the device as universal repeater and it works. Sometimes I get 16Mb/s to Internet and other times maybe some kb/s... Is this strange behavior known? What can cause this? If possible I want to stay in repeater mode. AP mode makes no sense, because I have to connect the device via wire to LAN, as I understand the manual. AP client would be an alternative.
By the way, between my router and the WA7210N is a Fritz repeater.
Options
2014-08-04 03:04:41
1. I wanted to say, that I don't want to transfer data between PCs in the LAN, neither wired nor wireless, only access internet, so that I don't need the whole 150Mb/s.
2. It works sometimes, but most of the time not. If I buy a car and you can drive it only with 1 mph, you can't say it works ;)
3. I can use AP mode with wireless root AP? Where do I put in the data of the root AP? As I unterstand, the WA7210N creates only a new WLAN. But how can I connect this new WLAN to the existing one? Does the WA7210N connect automatically to the root AP when I use the same SSID etc.?
4. At the time I posted #1, I got neither the WA7210N nor the Fritz device. I had to buy it, because the connection between WA7210N and the root AP was so bad, that DHCP didn't work..

thx
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 996

Replies: 3