Universal Repeater and MAC Filtering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-17 00:57:23
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 130320

ISP : TOT

Hi,

I am trying to set-up a wireless network to share a new fibre internet connection.

The ISP connection comes in through a ZTE F620 that connects to a TL-WA7210N that is operating in AP mode. My original idea was to use MAC filtering to control who could access the network. I had set-up the MAC filtering on the core AP.

I then set-up a second TL-WA7210N in Universal Repeater mode. This connects to core AP successfully. But devices that can access the internet successfully by connecting direct to the core AP are unable to make access when connecting via the universal repeater. However, if I disable the MAC filtering on the core AP the devices access successfully via the universal repeater.

Has anyone else come across this problem before and if so have you found a solution? Is upgrading the firmware likely to resolve the problem.

Regards

Tony
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 0

Related Articles