Unidentified network error when connecting to switch via router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-18 06:38:59
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-SF1005D

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all...Bear with me a while as I need to explain what's going on. .I've just built an office in the garden and instead of going down the home plug route, wanted to go wired as I download a lot of larger files for work etc. buried a cat5e outdoor cable and connected to a faceplate in the office and directly to a port on my router.
Thought the easiest way would be to connect a small switch in the office so I can then connect the printer, laptops to it. All went in fine, but when I try to connect, all I get is and 'unidentified network' error and cannot connect to the internet??

I've tried connecting a laptop directly to the faceplate in the office and still get the same thing, so I'm now a bit stuck!!! I have DCHP enabled but have run out of ideas of what it could be (other than a faulty cable that is) can anyone help?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unidentified network error when connecting to switch via router?
2014-09-09 04:16:02
If you have tried both a switch and a laptop, with different cables from the wall to the device, then I think it must be the connection in between the router and the wall jack. Does the switch show a connection?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1404

Replies: 1

Related Articles