WDS repeater doesnt work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDS repeater doesnt work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDS repeater doesnt work
WDS repeater doesnt work
2014-08-18 18:19:11
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

i have hotspot mikrotik server and i use Metal 2shpn as Access point , and i try to set tplink 7210 as wds repeater to show users mac adresses but it didnt work , but it work onley Universal repeater then it wouldnt show users mac, However i tried another product as wds repeater and it worked . So does anyone have any idea about this problem? My AP configurations : band mode : b/g , channel with : 20 Mhz , channel : 6
Options
3 Reply
WDS Repeater does not work
2014-09-23 17:53:36
I have a very similar problem with the WA-7210n in that even using them in AP mode and Bridge with AP Mode the MAC addresses do not get forwarded, and as the network access is by MAC addresses via a Ticketing system, it is causing me a lot of problems with our guest, on the same network I am using WA5210G and they work OK, only the WA-7210n are giving problems.

I have raised this problem with TP-Link technical support, so far no help.
Options
Re:WDS repeater doesnt work
2014-09-24 14:35:23

itadmin wrote

I have a very similar problem with the WA-7210n in that even using them in AP mode and Bridge with AP Mode the MAC addresses do not get forwarded, and as the network access is by MAC addresses via a Ticketing system, it is causing me a lot of problems with our guest, on the same network I am using WA5210G and they work OK, only the WA-7210n are giving problems.

I have raised this problem with TP-Link technical support, so far no help.

WDS transparency, or called MAC layer transparency requires both the transmitter and receiver to support 4-address-wireless-frame.

To itadmin:

The bridge mode of 7210 is quite different from 5210. Change the second 7210 to WDS repeater mode instead of bridge mode. Then you will get WDS transparency, which means "7210 will forward the MAC addresses" as you want.

To yehia:

It doesn't work because your access point Metal 2shpn does not support WDS transparency.
Options
Re:WDS repeater doesnt work
2014-09-29 19:04:01

Tobacco wrote

WDS transparency, or called MAC layer transparency requires both the transmitter and receiver to support 4-address-wireless-frame.

To itadmin:

The bridge mode of 7210 is quite different from 5210. Change the second 7210 to WDS repeater mode instead of bridge mode. Then you will get WDS transparency, which means "7210 will forward the MAC addresses" as you want.

To yehia:

It doesn't work because your access point Metal 2shpn does not support WDS transparency.

Just had a reply from TP-Link Support.

"I have confirmed with our senior engineer that the Bridge with AP mode of the TL-WA7210N is using 3-address frame while that of the TLWA5120G is using 4-address frame. When the customer first logs in, your router treats the MAC address of the TL-WA7210N as the MAC address of the client, so when the customer connect the wifi of another TL-WA7210G, there is no record about the MAC address of this TL-WA7210N, so the customer needs to log in again.
If you just want to use the TL-WA7210N to extend the wifi range of your router, you can try to set up them in WDS repeater mode, but in this mode, the TL-WA7210N will use the same wireless network name ad your router, that is, it can't have its own wireless network name.
Our senior engineer said we have a plan to release a new firmware to solve this problem, but they are not sure about the specific time. Please pay attention to our official website."

Did set it up as WDS repeater, but performance a bit slow, the MAC addresses are getting through now, but not an ideal situation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 3

Related Articles