VLAN question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN question
VLAN question
2014-09-14 06:09:49
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-SG2452

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.2 Build 20140723 Rel.37273(s)

ISP :

Not quite getting the result I need on VLAN. Probably not setting it up right.

Given:
Port1=PC-A
P2=file server
P3=printer
P4=router and access to web
P5=PC-B

I need PC-A to have access to the file server the printer and the web, but not see PC-B.
I need PC-B to have access to the printer and web but not see PC-A or the file server.

Here's what I tried.
VLAN2, named PCA-Lan, ports 1 & 2.
VLAN3, named PCB-Lan, port 5
VLAN4, named PrinterRounter ports 3 & 4
Ports 1 & 2 are also members of PrinterRouter
Port 5 is also a member of PrinterRouter

This didn't work. What do I need to do different?

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:VLAN question
2014-09-16 04:16:30
Your configuration should work as long as they are all in the same subnet. Do you have the ports all set up as untagged (they should all be untagged)?
Options
Re:VLAN question
2014-09-16 06:30:51
I was just trying to modify the vlans and now I've lost contact with the switch. Fortunately most things are talking to one another so people are getting work done but I can no longer get to the switch IP. I didn't think that was possible. As long as I'm hardwired directly to one of the switch ports I thought I could get to switch control. I haven't touched VLAN1. All ports are part of VLAN1. To answer your question everything is on the same subnet. All VLAN memberships are as untagged. Do I have to have one port whose primary VLAN is VLAN1 in order to control the switch?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 2

Related Articles