DHCP Not Passed through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Not Passed through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP Not Passed through
DHCP Not Passed through
2014-09-27 05:16:56
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-SG1016DE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : v1

ISP :

I have just bought the TL-SG105E V1 so that I could use 802.1q on a single port. Unfortunately I am finding that while my DHCP server recieves the dhcp request, the other clients never receive the offer, something in the switch is blocking it.

The configuration is:
* VLAN100 - Untagged Port 1, Tagged Port 2
* VLAN101 - Untagged Ports 3-5, Tagged Port 2
* PVID: Port 1 100, Port 2-5 101

Whatever i try, I can't get the switch to pass the DHCP traffic - even though the switch itself will even pick up the DHCP lease and use it if I ask it to.

I have the DHCP running on a tagged interface, but in my debugging i've untagged and run on Port 4/5 - the DHCPOFFER is never received, if I change nothing about the server configuration and plug into a dumb switch instead the DHCP traffic is passed.

Anyone got any ideas, its driving me crazy!
Options
24 Reply
Re:DHCP Not Passed through
2014-09-28 14:14:32
Are you sure that DHCP Server will send the Tagged package?

If your DHCP Server send the Tagged package, in my opinion, your configuration is correct.
Options
Same error here
2014-10-05 18:12:44
Same configuration and error... it's not possible to receive a dhcp release.. seems to be a bug? Need some help :-)

Regards
Options
2014-10-05 21:04:38
I am seeing the same sort of issue. If I plug my access point in the router directly with the four vlans configured and into the trunk port then all is fine. But once I add the TL-SG105E into the equation then I can get ip's on some vlans on some devices and not others although all configured the same?

Kind Regards
Options
same issue
2014-10-06 12:51:47
I have the same problem with my TL-SG105E. The router receives and answers the DHCP requests properly, however the answer is never received by the devices connected to the switch. In order to make the devices work i need to set a manual ip-address. If I replace the TL-SG105E in this setup with another switch - without changing anything else - DHCP works fine.
Options
Same problem
2014-10-06 12:56:36

jimbobskee53 wrote

I am seeing the same sort of issue. If I plug my access point in the router directly with the four vlans configured and into the trunk port then all is fine. But once I add the TL-SG105E into the equation then I can get ip's on some vlans on some devices and not others although all configured the same?

Kind Regards

I have the same problem with my TL-SG105E. The router receives and answers the DHCP requests properly, however the answer is never received by the devices connected to the switch. In order to make the devices work i need to set a manual ip-address. If I replace the TL-SG105E in this setup with another switch - without changing anything else - DHCP works fine.
Options
+1
2014-10-12 22:47:42
I just bought a TL-SG105E and plugged it in and to my surprise no DHCP replies were getting passed. I turned on wireshark and tcpdump on my dhcp server and i saw that the discover was seen and offers were being given from the server. from the client side no offer was recieved. I plugged my test laptop into my TP-Link uplink (to see if the problem was somewhere else in my network) but I saw the offers immediately. For some reason the TP link is blocking DHCP offers.

I tried removing the static IP from the box, but the device itself can get an IP from DHCP, just nothing else connected to it.
This seems like a bug, especially because i turned off any rate limiting or broadcast suppression.

Hope this can get fixed in the next firmware release. but for now I have to static all my IPs to get things to work...
Options
2014-10-13 13:36:19
+2 Same issue for other UDP traffic as well.
I have two VOIP ATA's that do not recieve traffic when plugged into an "Easy Smart" switch, but work fine with a simple switch.
Also seeing up to 40% packet loss for TCP traffic between ports within each VLAN.

Lanser
Options
2014-10-13 17:29:50
+1
Same issue

It looks like TP-LINK guys have find the shit and ready to release a beta, good attitude for solving problems, nice indeed

I'll attach the beta link here once I get it for those who suffer the same trouble...Keep focus dudes *_*
Options
2014-10-14 13:26:21
I've got exactly the same issue with TL-SG105E. Tried with mine TL-SG108E and everything works fine.

Tried also to re-flash the unit with the same FW but the issue is still there.

Any news about the new FW ?
Options
2014-10-15 14:04:17
I will keep an eye on their website. It should be updated if there is a new FW released. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9170

Replies: 24

Related Articles