Trunking on SG

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trunking on SG

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Trunking on SG
Trunking on SG
2014-10-28 08:21:04
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-SG2424

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.3

ISP :

Hi

I'm pretty new to VLANs and to add to this I'm a little confused about a couple of things on this switch.

To explain my network simply it's a flat based 192.168.1.x subnet, Windows providing DHCP and a Draytek Vigor router for internet performing NAT. The goal is to run a virtual Sophos UTM on Hyper-V to provide internet filtering for the kids on a 192.168.2.x subnet. The UTM will be performing 'double NAT'. ie. internal interface of the UTM will be 192.168.2.254, external interface will be 192.168.1.254 with a DG of the internal IP of the Draytek (no need to tel me this isn't recommended but there is a reason but I won't bore you with it now). The 'kids' network will get DHCP via the UTM on 192.168.2.x. I have Ubiquiti Unifi AP's with 2 SSID's (default VLAN for adults and management and VLAN2 for kids).

1. I believe I need to setup a trunk port to my Hyper-V server. In v1 of the firmware this was pretty simple. See this post for cange in functionality...
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?75878-TL-SG2424-Port-Trunking-question&region=china
So how is trunking configured under the new firmware? Simply tag VLAN1 and VLAN2?

2. My understanding of VLANs is that only 1 VLAN can be untagged on a specific port. But whilst reading some TP-Link guides the instructions say to untag various VLANs on a specific port. How can this be?

Thanks
Kev
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 0

Related Articles