Can't accses to TL-WA7510N and internet problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-21 01:50:33
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA7510N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.6 Build 130427 Rel.69746n

ISP : Oriontelekom.rs and I tried KBCnet and teledot.net

Hi. I hope that this is not gona be posted twice.
I need to setup internet connection PPPoE.
I have TL-WA7510N wierless device 5GHz. I connect to device with ethernet.

First problem:

When I choose option: Quick Setup/Standard Ap/

[CODE]Operation Mode: Client
Wireless Radio: Enable
SSID: TP-LINK_BC1A56
Region: Serbia and Montenegro
Transmit Power: 8dBm
Channel: Auto
Mode: 11NA
Max Tx Rate: 150MBs
Enable SSID Broadcast
Enable DFS
Wireless Security:
Disable Security[/CODE]
And I click Next and reboot. I can't access wierless device from browser ( http://192.168.1.254/).
I thried ethernet settings 192.168.1.100.
I have to go on roof and reset device.
Is this normal? Why I can't access wierless device menu via ethernet cable?

Second problem:

If I use settings:

Quick Setup/AP Client Router- WISP Client Router/PPPoE/ /

[CODE]SSID:
BSSID:
Region: Serbia and Montenegro
Transmit Power: 8dBm
Enable DFS

Key type: None
WEP Index: 1
Auth type: open
Password:
[/CODE]
And I go next and reboot.
Only one internet provider can detect my wierless device. Download speed is fine, but upload is very slow (only 0.2Mbs).
Other internet providers do not detect my device at all, but I detect them. Distance from internet providers acces point and my device is only 700 meters. All internet providers have their acces point devices on same building. And I can see that building. There are no obstacles.
I followd instructions from operators in call centre but they can't help me because they don't have settings for this model. Strength of signlal from my tp link device(Tx) is fine. That is what operator says to me over phone. He think that my device is problem.
I instalated latest firmware (3.12.6).
I thried some other settings from user manual: Distance Setting 0.7, Wireless Advanced vertical antena - horizontal antena, Enable - Disable WMMI, Enable - Disable short GI, Enable- Disable AP Isolation, Max Tx Rate... After changed settings I always click save and reset device if needed. But no luck. After I finish "playing" with device I go to 'System Tools / Factory Defaults'.
My device have lot of settings. Is there some hidden option that I am missing? Or, is it my device broaken?
Options
7 Reply
Re:Can't accses to TL-WA7510N and internet problems
2014-11-21 18:03:07

fotodamaris wrote

I know you know this is a 5Ghz device, so I have 2 questions for you
1-are you trying to access 7510 with 5Ghz devices
2-the WISP you are connecting uses 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz
the user manual is on TL web i dont know why you didnt download it here http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=&model=TL-WA7510N#down on left reads Document click on whatever you need V1:
Datasheet
User Guide
Quick Installation Guide
Note:for PPPoE. connection you need information from your provider, do you all ready have it.
and here http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/?pcid=201_490&problem=&m=&keywords=&faqid= 2 pages of FAQs for APs, before they had a good
tuto for AP Client Router (WISP) but they puul it out from FAQs, dont ask me why.

1. I use ethernet to connect to my Tp link device.
2.All internet providers have 5GHz access point devices. I inform them (with phone or mail) that I have TL-WA7510N which is 5GHz device, which SSID my device can detect(example Teledot-Mirjevo2) and signal(example 14dB).
When I call internet operator with phone. First operator give me user name and password for test internet connection. Of course that user name and password work only for that internet operator(SSID). When I call diffrent internet operator I get diffrent user name and password and I use their SSID. Operator guide me through setup. But setup for internet is same for every provider and it is described in 'Second problem:'. I think that WISP I am connecting uses 5Ghz. Internet setup is same as quick guide setup. I already have printed version of quick guide and user manual on CD rom. I already downloaded user manuals from site.
Only one internet operator can detect my device. I use their internet rihgt now. But upload is slow (0.2Mbs). Strength of signlal from my tp link device(Tx) is fine. That is what operator says to me over phone. He says that problem is in my device. I thried some other settings from user manual: Distance Setting 0.7, Wireless Advanced vertical antena - horizontal antena, Enable - Disable WMMI, Enable - Disable short GI, Enable- Disable AP Isolation, Max Tx Rate... After changed settings I always click save and reset device if needed. But no luck. After I finish "playing" with device I go to 'System Tools / Factory Defaults'.
Throuble described in my post 'First problem' started when I thried to connect to internet using 'Quick Setup / Standard AP / Client' settings, and I enterd username and password in network settings in my operating system(I use ubuntu 13.10). I can't access to device any more, and I don't have internet. I thried using tp link manual: setting IP addres for ethernet 192.168.1.100 subnetmask 255.255.255.0 (withouth user name and password) and then typing 192.168.1.254 in browser. That workd in same cases. But in this case only way I can access to device from browser is manual reseting device (going on roof and pressing reset button 10 seconds). Now I found that same problem may hapend if I go to 'Quick Setup / AP Router / Auto-Detect'. I can't find in user manual (or tp-link.com faq page) how to access to device from browser when device is in 'AP Router / Auto-Detect' mode or 'Standard AP / Client' mode. This is my first wireless device I use from ethernet. How can I solve problems (slow upload and reset)?
Options
2014-11-22 00:59:33

fotodamaris wrote

1-Why you call dif operators, are you testing between them, or you pay for day or month or hours service
2-if your device detects only one ISP SSID means that's the only operator using 5Ghz, that's easy to rule out, assuming your laptop is not a 5Ghz device go to the roof with Laptop and survey for Wi-Fi all the SSIDs you detect are 2Ghz,
3-this is the reason you can't access the device after saving settings, if you use Client mode you have to be on same subnet as your ISP, example if your ISP uses192.168.0.1 the third number is the subnet in this example you are going to set your 7510 to 192.168.0.2 notice too the whole ip has to be dif in this example by one digit.
Ask your ISP their Gateway or IP they use, and change your 7510 network to same subnet, once you have their Gateway post it.
Note1: 7510 is not The Majestic device, when you post you try dif. SSIDs do you move 7510 to the new ISP direction, and if need it you have to tilt up or down to point to the ISP tower, no abstacles, has to be LOS (line of sight)
Note2: if I where you I would go to the ISP with 7510 and Laptop and configure it there at their address

To prevent confusion:
ISP - Internet service provider
dif - different
ethernet - cable connection ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet)
Tx - transmit power

1. I pay internet for month now at OrionTelekom.rs ISP. I just want normal internet. I pay 3/2 Mbs but I get 3/0.2Mbs. I neeed good upload sometimes. It doesn't mather which ISP I will use.
2. My Tp link device detect 15 to 26 different SSID. Only 3 providers are in list. Other SSIDs are reserved for business users, some are used for cable TV, rest seams to be internet clients like me. I don't have laptop or any other 2.4Ghz router :(
I am confused. I was told that Tp Link TL-WA7510N can't detect and use 2.4GHz networks. From data sheet frequency range is 5.180-5.240GHz, 5.745-5.825GHz.
Please explain me are the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks separated? I do not understand how 2.4Ghz networks effect ethernet cable connecton between my computer and Tp Link device. Why I can't have Tp Link device setup menu without same subnet as my ISP? Shudn't I access device menu via ethernet calbe without ISP if I am using device as AP Router?
3. I calld OrionTelekom ISP operator for subnet and he have no idea what I am asking him. Maybe he will send me answer on mail tomorow. I faill to get other ISP operator. They just put me on waiting list.I listend stupid commercials over phone. After 20 minutes I just hang phone. I'll try tomorrow at 9AM. Only then I can get operator.
When I get subnet, as I understund you, I have to change it using 'Network / Subnetmask' and change number (picture is down).
About note 1
A week ago tehnition from OrionTelekom help me to install device on roof and there are no obstacles. He says connection shud be good. I thried all 3 different SSIDs for OrionTelekom. They receve my signal fine (my Tx). I have been on roof yesterday.
All ISP have their access point devices on same highest building.

Options
2014-11-22 05:37:45

fotodamaris wrote

Im confuse here cause on some post you talk about Client mode on others you talk about AP-Client Router mode, if its Client you need the subnet if is AP-Client Router you dont need it cause on that mode you use a dif IP from ISP

I was told that there are 2 ways to setup internet:
1. setup Tp Link device as 'AP Client Router - WISP', enter user name and password in tp link device
That is how I have internet now.
2. setup Tp Link device as 'Standard Ap'. Then I have to select mode 'Client' and enter SSID. Next step is to put username and password in ethernet settings in my computer.
I faild to make connecton this way.

When I wrotre:
"Shudn't I access device menu via ethernet calbe without ISP if I am using device as AP Router?"
It referd to problem not being able to connect to Tp Link device. If I can make good upload speed with 'AP Client Router - WISP' I do not need 'AP Router' and I do not need 'Standard Ap'.(picture is down)

I thried every combination I can think of. With 'AP Router' and 'Standard Ap' I sometimes screw Tp Link device. And I have to reset it.

Options
2014-11-22 07:33:58

fotodamaris wrote

1-Ok AP Client Router is the most easy and standard way to connect to ISP, now you have it, so tell me from this point what is the issue
2-you fail cause they do not provide ISP Gateway so lets forget this mode
3-this is the point where I get confuse, why you want to try combinations if on point #1 you post you have internet, so lets go from point #1

1. I can't connect to any other ISP than OrionTelekom. When I use OrionTelekom I have slow upload (0.2Mbs). When I find out that I can't connect to device setup menu via ethernet cable in my first post I asked: " Is there some hidden option that I am missing? Or, is it my device broaken?"
3. I was told that with some other settings I may find way to make my device to comunicate with other ISP-s and that I may fix upload problem. I thried advanced settings and everything else.

Is there anything in Tp Link device menu that can limit my upload and make my device invisible to other ISPs?
Is my device broaken so I can't connect to menu via ethernet cable if I chose 'AP Router' and 'Standard Ap' settings?
Does anyone have similar problem?
Shud I go to store and return Tp Link device?
I have warranty.
Options
2014-11-22 21:24:03

fotodamaris wrote

1. Note: this mode AP-Client Router has to have DHCP enable

2. Note1: 7510 is not The Majestic device, when you post you try dif. SSIDs do you move 7510 to the new ISP direction, and if need it you have to tilt up or down to point to the ISP tower, no abstacles, has to be LOS (line of sight)

1. DHCP was disabled by default. When I enabled it before I had no reset problem. But I didn't figured that out. Now I enabled it. My device is working fine and it is not broken. There are no problems with 'AP Router' and 'Standard Ap'. No need to reset device any more.
2. Problem with slow upload and other ISP-s can be solved only on roof with external antenna or tilting Tp link device up or down again. Technician who helped me to install device and said that everything is fine must be wrong. And ISP operator who said that my transmit power is fine cud be wrong as well.

I'll use internet as is for now. On nice weather I'll go on roof and the fix problem. I hope that snow will not make internet connection worse.

Thank you very much for your support and help fotodamaris.
Options
2014-11-23 02:06:48
I made backup.

If I find some 5GHz antenna I will test it first and then by it if it works better than internal antenna. I know some guy who can rent me antenna. I can't find him now.

Question about CPE510.
TL-WA7510N have 15dBi antenna but CPE510 have 13dBi antenna. Isn't more dBi better?

About 'System Tools / Ping Watch Dog' I do not have this option. This is list of options I my system tools:
- Time Settings
- Diagnostic
- Firmware Upgrade
- Factory Defaults
- Backup & Restore
- Reboot
- Password
- System Log
- Statistics
It seams that 'Ping Watch Dog' is removed in last version of firmware.

And thanks for tips Marco.
Options
2015-03-24 20:25:59
Can you describe how to use TFTP in the device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2856

Replies: 7

Related Articles