Authenication Error occured

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-10 16:00:40
Region : UnitedArabEmirates

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.16.5 Build 130320 Rel.34410n

ISP : Ooredoo

Dear members,

We have around 15 devices in each of our campus accommodations. So total more than 50 TPLINK TL-WA7210N devices. In each building they are using diff SSID and all are in AP mode

Problem:

1) Some times showing authentication ERROR while connecting? Near by devices are using diff channels (1,6,11) any idea why ?

Wireless Radio - Enabled
SSID Broadcast - Enabled
Mode - 11bgMixed

Firmware Version:3.16.5 Build 130320 Rel.34410n
Hardware Version: WA7210N v2 00000000
WiredMAC Address: 64-66-B3-D4-26-2A
IP Address: 10.10.204.56
Subnet Mask: 255.255.252.0
WirelessOperation Mode: Access Point
WPA/WPA2 - Personal(Recommended
Name (SSID): GUtech-Marhaba
Channel: 1
Mode: 11bgn mixed
Channel Width: Automatic

DHCP Disabled

Any idea ? We are facing same problems in all accommodation and we stopped the future purchase of TPLINK until this resolve.

Positive points: very good range

but speed is not there upto range.

NB: We contacted tech support TWO times(via email to support.mea@tp-link.com) but didnt get any response

Our Location:

Oman Muscat
German University of technology.
Email: nitto.tobby@gutech.edu.om
Options
13 Reply
Re:Authenication Error occured
2014-12-11 16:31:09
Dear Fotodamaris,

Thank you for your reply. I will upgrade the FW soon.

regarding your questions

1) Yes, all our AP's are given diff ips in range 10.10.204.XX-10.10.204.100 with gate way 10.10.204.1 And they are outof DHCP pool.
2) ALL the APs are in same VLAN and the configuration is given below.

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.204.1 10.10.204.100

ip dhcp pool XXXXXXXXX
network 10.10.204.0 255.255.252.0
default-router 10.10.204.1
domain-name XXXXXXXXXX
dns-server 188.135.0.23 188.135.0.24 (ISP DNS )
lease 5

so you what your suggestion on this ? Open to all suggestions.

!
Options
2014-12-11 22:42:11
Dear Fotodamaris,

Thank you for your reply.

All the requested details attached.

NB: I will upgrade firmware on this weekend.

Options
2014-12-11 23:30:20
Dear fotodamaris,

The DHCP which i given is from the main core Switch. The VLAN DHCP details

And in TPLINK devies the DHCP is disabled so that it will take the dhcp from the LAN port.

If there is a "The number of muximum associated clients " then am sure that will be the reason..." for obtaining IP address problem "

Also I will set channel width to 20HZ
Options
2014-12-14 16:30:21
Dear Fotodamaris,

Now I started upgrading the frimware !! I will let you know the status.

Also I need a small advice on two parameters.

1) on Antenna Alingment,

Vertical and horizontal antenna signal direction. Is it the normal directions or anything special ? I selected horizontal so that signal will be routed the entire floor in that section ? Am i right ?

2) Distance Mode

Since the device is inside the intermediate rooms I selected INDOOR.. Is that fine ?

Thank you for your advices so far.....am about to run this show !! :)
Options
2014-12-19 06:39:54
Dear Fotodamaris,

V is V and H is H...funny :)

TL support is unbelievable......

But with your support I managed to fix this for now :) thanks man !!

Yourself is enough for entire Mexico :)....cheers..

My findings with Antenna direction: When I set vertical , i found the signal even far behind the device. so the signal is transmitting like a Oval shape. Better go with default settings..

About Distance setting: i used two devices for point to point communication mode with 1 km distance setting . it worked as expected.

So if we treat this device with logic and depending on situation, we can make it....
Options
2015-01-23 20:00:25
One more small issue.

In the middle , always connection is lost and say ""connected but no internet access""

any idea ?
Options
2015-01-24 10:37:50

GUtech wrote

Dear Fotodamaris,

Now I started upgrading the frimware !! I will let you know the status.

Also I need a small advice on two parameters.

1) on Antenna Alingment,

Vertical and horizontal antenna signal direction. Is it the normal directions or anything special ? I selected horizontal so that signal will be routed the entire floor in that section ? Am i right ?

This is a bit abstruse.. Antennas are categorized by polarization type. And the antennas inside WA7210 or other access points are linear polarized antennas categorized by polarization pattern...Bla bla bla...

To put it simply, technically there are two directional antennas inside the TL-WA7210, In the web interface you can see "vertical" and "horizontal"and the "vertical" is the default one. When the TL-WA7210 is standing vertically to the ground and using the default vertical antenna, its signal is vertical polarized. And vertical polarized radio signal can transmit farther in long distance outdoor communication in open environment.

Similarly,
When the TL-WA7210 is standing vertically to the ground and using the horizon antenna, its signal is horizontal polarized.
When the TL-WA7210 is standing horizontally to the ground and using the default vertical antenna, its signal is horizontal polarized.
When the TL-WA7210 is standing horizontally to the ground and using the default vertical antenna, its signal is vertically polarized.

In addition, in the point-to-point link, the transmitter AP and receiver AP should use the same polarization method.

In all these cases, we are recommended to make the signal vertically polarized in order to transmit farther. But for indoor or short distance scene the above polarization things are usually inessential.

In short, this option doesn't change the coverage shape. The signal coverage is always focus to the front in a oval shape (roughly). If we can see the energy the signal will be like this:

As you can see, in the middle the signal is weakest.

2) Distance Mode

Since the device is inside the intermediate rooms I selected INDOOR.. Is that fine ?

Thank you for your advices so far.....am about to run this show !! :)

If the distance between the client and AP is just 0~150 meter, use indoor. Otherwise use manual and set the value a bit larger than the actual distance.

For example, for 200m ~ 800m I would set the value to 1 km. For 1 km I would set it to 1.5 km. Just make sure the value is larger than the actual distance.
Options
2015-01-24 13:45:06

GUtech wrote

One more small issue.

In the middle

where particularly?
Options
2015-01-27 23:53:26
What I meant is after the AP are started working, some times the client laptops where getting an error means they are connected to WIFI but no internet access.

They will get an Alarm signal in WIFI signal and when we click it will show "WIFI connected bu no internet access"

NB: All my TPLINKs are configures as AP modes
Options
2015-01-31 22:18:20
Around 16 access points with same SSID and password. Channels are different. Its a hostel Building in a square shape. In each wing there is an AP inside middle room.
Options